The knife store

  • John Bailey
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2009
      Joe...

      Where is that knife store that you go to around your place?
      I've been ask to preach and do our show this Sunday at a church in Lehighton just outside of Lancaster PA.

      Tomorrow I would like to take Monika to Valley Forge Army Hospital, where I spent 18 months recovering from the accident. I remember you said there was a knife store around there somewhere. We only have one day to get around, because this weekend is full here at the church.

      Monika and I have been on the road now for over 6 months and still talk about the fun we had a Che-Che's place with You, both Mike's and John Stokes.

      Thanks John B

      "How long you live, has nothing to do with how long you're dead, but what you believe has a lot to do with where you'll head". (j.bailey).
      www.LashandSteel.com and www.Throwingknives.com

    • brknfthr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
        Hi John

        this is their web site _www.countryknives.com_
        (http://www.countryknives.com) is their web site, all their info is right at the top of the page,
        also while your there ask Brian the owner where the Military Edged Weapon's
        Museum is just a few miles down the road.

        Be careful traveling it's a busy weekend!

        Joe D.

      • John Bailey
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
          Thanks Joe... But we're back now. I should have taken my laptop with me so I could have checked for your information. I punched in the address just in case in our travels we get around that area again. I wish we had more time to hang around, maybe we could have grab lunch but this all came up kinda sudden.

          Just to stay on point... Are you healed up enough to throw yet?

          John

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
            Hi John

            I've been throwing a little but mostly getting my new workbench finished
            so I can get back to making some knives, you can really feel something
            missing when you can't do what your passionate about!!!

            If you get out that way give me a call and I could give you directions,
            also if you get to the Old VA Hosp. there is an awesome Deli almost across
            the street called The Haven just don't order a large anything as it will
            feed you and Monica for a week at about 24" long!

            My work schedule is weird anyway being on call 24/7 I don't even know
            when I'm working half the time?

            Anyway feel free to give me a call, Lehighton is pretty far north of me
            straight up Rte. 476, I'm not far from the Valley Forge Exit of the PA.
            Turnpike.

            Great success with your shows and ministry, you and Monica keep safe and
            God bless!
            Joe D.

          • John Bailey
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
              Sorry to hear that you're deprived for making knives. But you also know that that old workbench screwed your back up to start with.

              Yea... I got out to the college (Old Army Hosp.) and walked all around and talked to some of the people who knew the exact ward I was in. It all came flooding back and I was back in time for awhile.

              AND yes! I know about the Deli... I use to go there 42 years ago. I was not going to let Monika miss out on a REAL phili-cheese-steak sandwich from there. She was not disappointed.

              Thanks for the support and I hope next time I get out this neck of the woods we can go to the deli.

              John B

            • d.f.jester@att.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
                John are you going to be at gordies in feb

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
                  Yep...
                  Lord willing

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
                    You got it Pardner, I miss that deli since I moved from Phoenixville I
                    don't get out that way too much!

                    Keep em sticking John, hopefully I'll see you at Gordie's!

                    Joe D.