Montana Throw

  • Joe Darrah
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 1 8:27 PM
      Well I finally got some pic's of the Montana Throw posted, they are in a file marked Montana 09, it was touch as I have well over 200 pictures but a few are pretty good if I do say so myself.

      I look forward to getting back up there, the peace and quiet (rooster not included) was wonderful and I could have literally just sat on the porch and watched the mountains all day, it is beautiful country with extremely nice folks up there and as always it felt like leaving home when it was time to go!!!!

      Janie & Steve Vogt really spared no expence to put on a really professional throw with excellent targets (thanks Steve)and an awesome setting for it, truly no matter where you look you'll find Brothers & Sisters of the knife and Montana is no exception!

      I'm not 100% sure when it will be next year but do yourself a favor and visit with all the wonderful folks up there and I can promise you a great time and great food (janie & Steve even let me take a stab at making some Philly Cheese Steaks and Hoagies which turned out pretty good)but the farm fresh eggs and homemade pancakes were incredible!

      If it wasn't for the harsh winters I'd look to retire in Hamilton MT. and tucked between the two mountain ranges it doesn't get the killing cold as some other places do, riding horses after such a long hiatus was fun as well and I even managed to get a few shots off of the bow Bill Page built for me from horseback, seems it was easier when I was younger?

      Thank you Janie & Steve for an unforgettable time, we hope to see you next year!

      Joe Brokenfeather Darrah
    • Cathy
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 2 4:33 PM
        Thanks for the pictures, Joe ~ sounds like everyone had an awesome time!

        Love that one of you in front of the waterfall...that's a really good shot.

        Cathy

        --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Darrah" <brknfthr@...> wrote:

        > Well I finally got some pic's of the Montana Throw posted, they are in a file marked Montana 09, it was touch as I have well over 200 pictures but a few are pretty good if I do say so myself.
        >
        > I look forward to getting back up there, the peace and quiet (rooster not included) was wonderful and I could have literally just sat on the porch and watched the mountains all day, it is beautiful country with extremely nice folks up there and as always it felt like leaving home when it was time to go!!!!
        >
        > Janie & Steve Vogt really spared no expence to put on a really professional throw with excellent targets (thanks Steve)and an awesome setting for it, truly no matter where you look you'll find Brothers & Sisters of the knife and Montana is no exception!
        >
        > I'm not 100% sure when it will be next year but do yourself a favor and visit with all the wonderful folks up there and I can promise you a great time and great food (janie & Steve even let me take a stab at making some Philly Cheese Steaks and Hoagies which turned out pretty good)but the farm fresh eggs and homemade pancakes were incredible!
        >
        > If it wasn't for the harsh winters I'd look to retire in Hamilton MT. and tucked between the two mountain ranges it doesn't get the killing cold as some other places do, riding horses after such a long hiatus was fun as well and I even managed to get a few shots off of the bow Bill Page built for me from horseback, seems it was easier when I was younger?
        >
        > Thank you Janie & Steve for an unforgettable time, we hope to see you next year!
        >
        > Joe Brokenfeather Darrah

      • MICHAEL GROSS
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 2 5:26 PM
          Great photo's, thanks Joe, just checked 'em out!

          My fave 3:

          Janie aka Robin Hood, never saw that before. :)

          80 ft Hawk throw

          RR spike!

          Very cool.

          Gross man

          Thanks for the pictures, Joe ~ sounds like everyone had an awesome time!

          Love that one of you in front of the waterfall... that's a really good shot.

          Cathy

          --- In thrower@yahoogroups .com, "Joe Darrah" <brknfthr@.. .> wrote:

          > Well I finally got some pic's of the Montana Throw posted, they are in a file marked Montana 09, it was touch as I have well over 200 pictures but a few are pretty good if I do say so myself.
          >
          > I look forward to getting back up there, the peace and quiet (rooster not included) was wonderful and I could have literally just sat on the porch and watched the mountains all day, it is beautiful country with extremely nice folks up there and as always it felt like leaving home when it was time to go!!!!
          >
          > Janie & Steve Vogt really spared no expence to put on a really professional throw with excellent targets (thanks Steve)and an awesome setting for it, truly no matter where you look you'll find Brothers & Sisters of the knife and Montana is no exception!
          >
          > I'm not 100% sure when it will be next year but do yourself a favor and visit with all the wonderful folks up there and I can promise you a great time and great food (janie & Steve even let me take a stab at making some Philly Cheese Steaks and Hoagies which turned out pretty good)but the farm fresh eggs and homemade pancakes were incredible!
          >
          > If it wasn't for the harsh winters I'd look to retire in Hamilton MT. and tucked between the two mountain ranges it doesn't get the killing cold as some other places do, riding horses after such a long hiatus was fun as well and I even managed to get a few shots off of the bow Bill Page built for me from horseback, seems it was easier when I was younger?
          >
          > Thank you Janie & Steve for an unforgettable time, we hope to see you next year!
          >
          > Joe Brokenfeather Darrah

        • tykespike01
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 3 12:00 AM
            Thanks for the photos Joe. Yes, the waterfall one is certainly spectacular ( the waterfall Joe, not you !!! LOL )

            It looks to be lovely scenery where you were.

            Now I can put a face to the name, Janie.

            Regards from over the waer,

            Little John

          • brknfthr@aol.com
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 3 5:36 PM
              Glad you liked the pic's, it was absolutely beautiful up there and we look
              forward to visiting again!

              As for the Robin Hood the poor kid scoring didn't know what to do and
              called me over to assess the situation, I have to say that Janie calls the
              one and a half spin "the upside down throw" and her release point as her "let
              go place" so I had to learn some Montanan verbiage while I was there,
              sometime the local colloquialisms just throw me off a bit and then of course I
              had to make some fun of Janie over it!!!

              As always we made some great new friends and got some new throwers on
              the right path, I'm sure they'll be back for the next throw and Janie is
              trying to get a small club started up there in Hamilton MT. and so far several
              people have signed up for it.

              I have to say that for someone who has never put on a throw and didn't
              really know what to expect both Janie and her husband Steve did an
              outstanding job, not to mention the number of first time throwers who just couldn't
              get enough of it they are well on there way to having a club to be reckoned
              with!!!

              Joe D.
              steps!
              =JulystepsfooterNO115)

            • Cliff Hill
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 3 7:21 PM
                Joe, What a great thing to do for our sport! I can't wait to meet Janie and her husband Steve and all the other Montana throwers you helped to enjoy our great sport. The waterfall pic was spectacular as was all the great landscape pics. What a great bunch of people to get to know. We hope to see you in Ausin sometime soon or where ever we may meet, We are all brothers and sisters of the knife. AWOL

              • brknfthr@aol.com
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 3 9:11 PM
                  Thanks Pardner!

                  I'm sure like me the hardest part would be leaving for you, all that
                  wide open country and some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet!!!

                  Anyway I hope you can tear your way loose from Austin on the next go
                  round and get up there and show us how it's really done and maybe you can haul
                  that ol codger Alamo along with you?

                  Joe D.
                  steps!
                  =JulystepsfooterNO115)