Re: UK throwing site

  • tykespike01
    Message 1 of 22 , May 1, 2009
      Hello Joe,

      Obviously I should have included a smiley in my last post then my frustration would have come through !! ;-(

      My point in my last posting was that a topic I started was hijacked to talk about anything but my UK range .

      I have no problem with talking about anything on here, to do with throwing, but if people want to go off topic, please start a new one !!!!!

      Regards from over the water,

      Little John

      thrower@yahoogroups.com, brknfthr@... wrote:

      > How many times do I have to tell you Little John, speak in American
      > English not the Queens English, we yanks can't understand a bloody word of
      > it!!!!!!
      > Anyway in regards to Dave being an excellent knife and hawk maker I can
      > say that he has produced some really fine pieces and that I spent 10 day's
      > down there with him showing him what little I know as I am always learning.
      > As to him not being inducted into the IKTHOF I'd have to say it hasn't
      > happened yet but with the work he's doing I'm sure it's coming!
      > I understand your attitude John L. and as I stated before I don't think
      > it should have happened the way it did but you cannot change the past only
      > correct possible future mistakes, I left another list that I was a member of
      > because there was too much negativity (mostly from the Moderator) but
      > never the less I don't feel there is a need to post barbs regarding anyone,
      > sort of goes back to the old adage "If you don't have anything constructive to
      > say then don't say anything", yes we do razz the heck out of each other on
      > here and yes I'm a Professional Ass so feel qualified to call them as I
      > see them!
      > Scott Gracia who is the current Moderator of this list can kick me or
      > you or anyone off for any reason at any time or if he just thinks I'm being
      > too much of an ass (which occasionally happens believe it or not) but whereas
      > I am trying to be a productive member of this group (albeit sometimes
      > tongue in cheek) as well as being a part of a cohesive unit to help us all stay
      > focused on our mutual goals their are a few who don't see it that way and
      > don't agree with some of what I or others post, almost everyone has my
      > personal email _brknfthr@..._ (mailto:brknfthr@...) and is cordially
      > invited to write me personally and vent, bitch, yell, gripe or any other of a
      > number of things about the group, the IKTHOF, this list or any other list
      > I happen to be a member of but this is about throwing plain and simple, if
      > you throw that's cool, if you don't and want to learn hey we'll teach you
      > and hope you pass the experience on to others that is how we grow, if not
      > and you want to cause inner turmoil and discord among our members then by all
      > means join one of the several other lists dedicated to throwing or
      > bitching as I'm sure there are a few!!!
      > I'm long winded and very passionate regarding knife throwing, knife
      > making, hawk throwing, whip cracking and a number of other things that are not
      > topics for this list, I love to teach both knife making and knife throwing
      > and anything else that applies to this list and I am loyal to those I
      > trust and believe in and I truly feel that we need to stand together on this
      > issue as the laws and everything else are changing regarding knives and such,
      > so I guess be part of the solution or part of the problem is what I'm
> [...]
    • Janie Vogt
      Message 2 of 22 , May 1, 2009
        Hi Little John,

        I forgot to think you for the great target pictures. I printed them out and between yours and Ed's simply handed them to my husband, Steve, pointed to them, and said "I want THAT." :-) We are going to try to work in them this weekend. I do have some GIANT cottonwood rounds so if I can get one built at least I can do the throwing for Joe's tournament.

        Can you tell me again how tall it's supposed to be and where you measure?

        Janie
        Message 3 of 22 , May 1, 2009
          Hello Janie,

          If you're making the 5 ring IKTHOF target then the heights are 40", 50" and 60" for the respective bullseyes.

          I use 6' backing boards.

          If you're making a Mountain man single target then the bullseye can be at any height ( it all depends on the challenge ) but usually a height of 45" is accepted.

          Hope this helps,

          Regards from over the water,

          Little John

        • brknfthr@aol.com
          Message 4 of 22 , May 1, 2009
            I knew exactly what you meant Little John I was just having you on a bit
            and breaking your stones for you me old chum!
            Your new range as the old one was beyond what I expected but so much
            more than it had to be, I only wish you could talk the lovely Jan into moving
            to the states, I miss our quiet conversations on the back porch and throwing
            whenever we want!
            Anyway cheers mate on building not only a great range but building
            throwing up in the UK the way you are and perpetuating the sport in your
            country!!!
            The Gross Mans targets looked great and so do Ed's, we are certainly
            going to have some fun over there but the way Dr. Ted and The Gross Man are
            throwing not to mention Rebel throwing those scores with a bum shoulder, I
            just wonder can a surgeon still operate with a dislocated shoulder?
            Just kidding Ted (sort of), no truly I was proud to be beaten by Ted
            here on my home range, it means he's starting to get serious about his throwing
            but I could see from the beginning he planned on mastering it!
            So yes Little John you've got a lovely range, spot on mate, it's the
            dog's bollocks!
            Joe D.
            web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

          • thegblabber@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 22 , May 1, 2009
              Little John,

              Nice nice work! very impressed.

              I love your "go big, or go home" way of doin' things.

              and Janie: throw what ya got, at what ya got! :) lol

              Gross man

              I forgot to think you for the great target pictures. I printed them out and between yours and Ed's simply handed them to my husband, Steve, pointed to them, and said "I want THAT." :-) We are going to try to work in them this weekend. I do have some GIANT cottonwood rounds so if I can get one built at least I can do the throwing for Joe's tournament.

              Can you tell me again how tall it's supposed to be and where you measure?

              Janie
              I'm holding you to it that you will make it to one of the Open days, if not the tournament day I intend to hold later this
              year.

              Keep practising ( safely !!! )

              Regards,

              John

              --- In thrower@yahoogroups .com, "tony.hedgewolf" <tony.hedgewolf@ ...> wrote:

              > John, that's amazing (but then I'd expect nothing less of you {;^)
              >
              > I promise I'll do my utmost to make it to one of your open days this summer - I've been practising a bit with those spikes you gave me and even found the courage to throw my 007 Brokenfeather Bowie a couple of weeks ago... Stuck it first time, but after a few bounces decided to put it away again, until I've improved !
              >
              > Looks like I need to invest in some plywood boarding - having trouble stopping the bounces from going off into my neighbour's garden... not likely to win any new friends to the sport that way !

              Take care
              > - Tony -
              >

              > --- In thrower@yahoogroups .com, "tykespike01" <tykespike01@ > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello everyone,
              > >
              > > It gives me a great deal of pride and pleasure to reveal the newly completed throwing range, here over in the UK.
              > >
              > > A lot of teamwork was involved clearing and levelling the range but it was definitely worth it.
              > >
              > > The pictures are in the Photos under " UK throwing site "
              > >
              > > Plus I've also included the pictures of our older range.
              > >
              > > We now have six IKTHOF lanes to throw on.
              > >
              > > Brilliant !!
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > >
              > > Little John

            • Manimal
              Message 6 of 22 , May 1, 2009
                THATS ALOT OF 2 CENTS?....Joe''
                and you should have the address
                as to were the send the reembursment check
                and dont make any mistakes on the Amount..LOL