Re: Another great day at the Alamo

  • cinch303
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 6 7:45 AM
      Thank you Janie I usually get done what i set out to do. I do think you misunderstood though . We donated 3700.00 in October of 2007 we gave all the proceeds of the entry fees to the Alamo which totaled 3200. and Joe donated a beautiful knife which was auctioned off and he added 500. to our total. So with 3700. from 2007 util now with generous people like yourself who donated a check for 50. which went into the kitty for the preservation of the Alamo we are now aproaching 5000. total. The bottom line though is with people like you in the world the Alamo, who recieves no Government funding at all, will be there for future generations to visit. They can walk the grounds and pay homage to the heroes that showed the world what courage of your convictions really means. Much like our young men and women of our armed forces who fight for our freedom each and every day in foreign lands so we can have the freedom to throw our knives and live the kind of life we choose. Alamo

      Thanks for the kinds words Joe it was a helluva trip , one I will cherish the memory of as long as I live. Alamo

    • brknfthr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 6 10:33 AM
        I don't know if cherish is the right word but you won't forget it but every
        time you woke up we were two states further along, who'd have though a big old
        truck like that hauling a custom knife throwing target trailer would do 140
        mph?
        And sorry about the whiplash from passing the places you wanted to see so
        quickly!!!
        We did have some fun though and got to see quite a bit of the country
        although at high speeds :-)
        And I'm sure Polecat and you will never forget the 90 mph ride through
        Pittsburgh rush hour traffic or the back roads in the limo, who'd have thought you
        could get all the wheels off the ground on those little back roads in the
        rain with oncoming traffic???
        What a blast though, Rebel is hounding me like the dogs from hell to get
        with the Daniel Boone homestead, I don't know what you promised him but it
        must be good, he won't stop telling me I have to call them?
        Now get out there and throw some hawks!!!!!
        Joe D.
        steps!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621488x1201450096/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
        %3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62)

      • Michael Jordan
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 6 11:22 AM
          Thats right now get on the Phone!!!!!!!!

          --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, brknfthr@... wrote:

          > I don't know if cherish is the right word but you won't forget it but every
          > time you woke up we were two states further along, who'd have though a big old
          > truck like that hauling a custom knife throwing target trailer would do 140
          > mph?
          > And sorry about the whiplash from passing the places you wanted to see so
          > quickly!!!
          > We did have some fun though and got to see quite a bit of the country
          > although at high speeds :-)
          > And I'm sure Polecat and you will never forget the 90 mph ride through
          > Pittsburgh rush hour traffic or the back roads in the limo, who'd have thought you
          > could get all the wheels off the ground on those little back roads in the
          > rain with oncoming traffic???
          > What a blast though, Rebel is hounding me like the dogs from hell to get
          > with the Daniel Boone homestead, I don't know what you promised him but it
          > must be good, he won't stop telling me I have to call them?
          > Now get out there and throw some hawks!!!!!
          > Joe D.
          > steps!
          > (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621488x1201450096/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
          > %3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62)

        • Janie Vogt
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 6 9:37 PM
            I get it now:-) I thought the previous total was from last year and the current total was from this year. Any way you understand it, you've made an awesome contribution to a piece of American heritage we can all claim. To make that sort of contribution to a sacred place is overwhelming, and is secondary only to the contribute you make to our future in the children whose lives you touch. Nothing quite like it is there....

            Thanks for all you do,

            Janie

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 6 10:08 PM
              I can't wait!! I love dogs...as you know and will enjoy learning more about Dr. Alamo as well. I really am going to try to come to Texas in October.....

              Calamity