Re: Are there any dates available for knife meets during 09?

  • Todd Abrams
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 1, 2009
      Ain't that the truth.

      By the way... Throwers, meet David Baker (hcc). David, meet the
      Throwers (also referred to as the Brothers and Sisters of the Knife).

      David Baker is a fancy schmancy Hollywood prop maker and weapon-smith
      (HollywoodCombatCenter-dot-com), a performance veteran (live and
      on-camera), and all around super guy. He helped me design the world's
      first Throwing Spatula and Throwing Tulip, and made me a special
      throwing Kleaver that hits like a ton of bricks.

      Much like Alamo, he's a big fan of knives that actually look like
      knives, so together we've designed a totally new set for me to use in
      my shows: stainless bowies, so I don't have to clean 'em all the time,
      and which are a lot lighter so they're easier to travel with.

      David will be featured in the upcoming "More Extreme Marksmen" two
      hour special on the History Channel (January 25th), with me and
      Anthony DeLongis, as the Q-like designer of the gadgetry that tests
      our marksmanship skills.

      He also made the knives that I used in those on-camera tests.

      In addition to all the above stuff, David is also a darn good knife
      thrower, so it's good to finally have him on this list. It won't be
      long before we see him at an event, especially if I get around to
      hosting one here in LA.

      I hope everybody's doing well! Happy New Year!

      -Todd

      --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "thehcc" <thehcc@...> wrote:

      > Todd If you are going you'll need the Montana Big Knife!

    • Todd Abrams
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 1, 2009
        p.s. If you click New Pics, you'll see a couple photos of David
        Baker's "Montana Big Knife". The pics don't quite do justice to the
        scale of the thing. It throws like a tomahawk, and feels like it
        could sever a telephone pole with one lazy swipe. Needless to say,
        it's a Beaut'! Or is that Butte? Or is Butte in Wyoming and not Montana?

        I'll shut up now.

      • brknfthr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 1, 2009
          I haven't seen a post from him but Welcome David, try as you might you'll
          never keep Todd in line!!!!!
          We've just accepted him for how he is in all his three speed glory!
          But welcome, I've seen some of your work in pictures at least and you do a
          beautiful job, I have a lot of designs on DWG. files let me know if I can give
          you a hand with anything!

          Joe Darrah
          Brokenfeather
          Custom Knives

        • Michael Jordan
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 1, 2009
            Hey Todd Pants,
            Check out my new mountain man knife!!!

            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 1, 2009
              That's a good lookin' knife you got there, Jordache, but did ya have
              to ruin the photo with that eye-searing, electric blue-flame blanket?
              I'm assuming you picked that up at the nearest hippy garage sale. ;-)

              Who made that bugger? The knife, not the blanket.

              -T

              --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Jordan" <rebel154@...> wrote:

              > Hey Todd Pants,
              > Check out my new mountain man knife!!!
              > --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Abrams" <indy_todd@> wrote:
              > >
              > > p.s. If you click New Pics, you'll see a couple photos of David
              > > Baker's "Montana Big Knife". The pics don't quite do justice to the
              > > scale of the thing. It throws like a tomahawk, and feels like it
              > > could sever a telephone pole with one lazy swipe. Needless to say,
              > > it's a Beaut'! Or is that Butte? Or is Butte in Wyoming and not
              > Montana?
              > >
              > > I'll shut up now.
              > >

              > > --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "thehcc" <thehcc@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Todd If you are going you'll need the Montana Big Knife!

            • Janie Vogt
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 1, 2009
                Butte is in Montana :-) It's about 110 miles east of where I live. Tell me again how to find new pics, please.

                Janie

                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 1, 2009
                  So that Montana Big Knife really is a Butte. Awesome. And yes, I'm a
                  nerd.

                  To find new pics, click on "Home" from the left side menu. Then, just
                  above the "Description" of this Yahoo Group, there will be several
                  clickable items next to "Activity within 7 days:". One of those is
                  "New Photos". That's a lot easier than delving into everybody's photo
                  album looking for the new pics.

                  Hope that helps!

                  -Todd

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jan 1, 2009
                    Now who do you think would make a relocated Texan a big Monster Mt. Man
                    Bowie like that Todd!
                    That was Rebel's Christmas present the last time he came over.
                    Joe D.

                  • brknfthr@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 1, 2009
                      Hi Ron
                      Long time no hear, I meant to email you anyway and tell you that was a cool
                      write up in Blade Magazine about you and the knife maker who did your
                      knives!!
                      Happy New Year Brother!
                      Joe D.

                    • Ron Currier
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 2, 2009
                        Hey Joe,

                        Thanks, we had a ball designing it. I'm always here. Listen & learn or at least get a laugh out of some of the colorful
                        conversations.

                        Happy New Year to You and All,

                        Ron

                        _____

                        headlines. (http://www.aol <http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026> com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)

                      • brknfthr@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jan 2, 2009
                          Thanks Ron, it's appreciated!
                          Joe D.

                        • MICHAEL GROSS
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jan 2, 2009
                            Welcome David Baker!

                            Hope everyone is enjoying the new year. Got the grandkids today and I just snuck away for a moment. Wow!  Just got a chance to check out the list and BAM! all this great stuff. Everyone is up to all kinds of cool things, way to go. We did a photo/video shoot (non-professional)  all day yesterday in the freezing cold garage! The fire knives kept us warm however. We also  wanted to get an image of us for the IKTHOF website,  we wanted to try something different for a photo, I thought it would look best if the pic was taken with the black hood over my head, so y'all wouldn't have to be subject to my ugly mug. However Heavy Duty wouldn't be a part of it. So both our faces are in it. Ya'll be lookin' at Rosa anyway so it all works. lol... I'll shoot ya some pic's and try to get that video on youtube no later than this weekend. Hope ya like it and let me know what ya think. In the meantime, I'll be catchin' up on list photo's etc. Lookin' forward to
                            seeing David's knives and Extreme Marksman II.

                            Gross-man & Heavy Duty

                            Message 13 of 21 , Jan 2, 2009
                              So do tell Todd pants how lond did cowboy max have to beg you to let
                              him play with your bennie babies?