Re: [thrower] Re: mountainman throw rules

  • SpEsHuL eD
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1 5:39 AM
      John,

      Go to ikthof.com click on the link for the 2nd annual Frontiersman
      Throw...it opens a document file with all rules in it.

      I'm working on our new website as fast as I can and it will soon(?) be a
      lot easier to find everything. Trust me it's gonna be awesome!!

      SpeD

      john little wrote:
      > Hello Mike...I looked on the site but cant seem to find it [frontiersman]..Lj
      >

      > To: thrower@yahoogroups.comFrom: alamomike303@...: Thu, 1 May 2008 02:56:11 +0000Subject: [thrower] Re: mountainman throw rules
      >

      > Hi JohnEd is not haviong a Mountain man throw he is having a frontiersman throw and the rules are on the IKTHOF site. Alamo--- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, john little <littlejohn4077@...> wrote:>> > that most definatly sounds like a fun experiance..nothing like the imagination..> I heard SpEcHuL Ed's NJ Mountainman throw is going to be:..> Bouncing a rock in one hand..standing on one leg and spinning around > with an apple on your head while whistling Dixie!> wonder whos going to win that one..you up for it Joe?> > > To: thrower@...: brknfthr@...: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:58:29 -0400Subject: Re: [thrower] mountainman throw rules> > > > > There is a 1 and 2 spin knife throw from behind the 10 foot line and a 1, 1 1/2 and 2 spin hawk throw from behind the 10 foot line and that's pretty much it.Knives have to have period correct handles IE: Leather, Wood or Bone/Antler the blade edge is supposed to be sharp enough for camp chores and knives are never thrown by the blade (they're sharp) Hawks are to be 2 separate pieces the head and the handle which is made of wood.Most of the Mt. Men try to tune their knives to the same distances as their hawks so a 1 spin with their knife and hawk should be fairly close to the 10 foot line, the crazy part is whatever insanity the person/people holding the event come up with from Rabbit Throws where a target is on the ground or the Walk Across Texas where you throw your first knife at the far left side of a target round and then each next throw has to be to the right of the last throw until you drop a knife or hawk or run out of log, there is the Compass throw where the knife must be thrown at a card in a particular quadrant of the log round holding a card North, South, East and West but as I say the person(s) running the event can come up with their own crazy stunts!Jack Harrill who owns Moose Trax Forge up in Maine where they have had some very cool throws told me he had set up a Rappelling Station where we would be in a harness throwing upside down from a tree, I thought he was kidding until I was hanging upside down in a tree and SpEsHuL Ed was limping across a rope bridge with a bad foot but he still managed to take second place!So my advise is be ready for anything!Joe D.**************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos. (http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

    • john little
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1 6:18 AM
        SpEd...found it...that should be Very interesting!..NT

        To: thrower@yahoogroups.comFrom: aslow@...: Thu, 1 May 2008 08:39:53 -0400Subject: Re: [thrower] Re: mountainman throw rules

        John,Go to ikthof.com click on the link for the 2nd annual Frontiersman Throw...it opens a document file with all rules in it.I'm working on our new website as fast as I can and it will soon(?) be a lot easier to find everything. Trust me it's gonna be awesome!!SpeDjohn little wrote:> Hello Mike...I looked on the site but cant seem to find it [frontiersman]..Lj>>> To: thrower@yahoogroups.comFrom: alamomike303@...: Thu, 1 May 2008 02:56:11 +0000Subject: [thrower] Re: mountainman throw rules>>>>> Hi JohnEd is not haviong a Mountain man throw he is having a frontiersman throw and the rules are on the IKTHOF site. Alamo--- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, john little <littlejohn4077@...> wrote:>> > that most definatly sounds like a fun experiance..nothing like the imagination..> I heard SpEcHuL Ed's NJ Mountainman throw is going to be:..> Bouncing a rock in one hand..standing on one leg and spinning around > with an apple on your head while whistling Dixie!> wonder whos going to win that one..you up for it Joe?> > > To: thrower@...: brknfthr@...: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:58:29 -0400Subject: Re: [thrower] mountainman throw rules> > > > > There is a 1 and 2 spin knife throw from behind the 10 foot line and a 1, 1 1/2 and 2 spin hawk throw from behind the 10 foot line and that's pretty much it.Knives have to have period correct handles IE: Leather, Wood or Bone/Antler the blade edge is supposed to be sharp enough for camp chores and knives are never thrown by the blade (they're sharp) Hawks are to be 2 separate pieces the head and the handle which is made of wood.Most of the Mt. Men try to tune their knives to the same distances as their hawks so a 1 spin with their knife and hawk should be fairly close to the 10 foot line, the crazy part is whatever insanity the person/people holding the event come up with from Rabbit Throws where a target is on the ground or the Walk Across Texas where you throw your first knife at the far left side of a target round and then each next throw has to be to the right of the last throw until you drop a knife or hawk or run out of log, there is the Compass throw where the knife must be thrown at a card in a particular quadrant of the log round holding a card North, South, East and West but as I say the person(s) running the event can come up with their own crazy stunts!Jack Harrill who owns Moose Trax Forge up in Maine where they have had some very cool throws told me he had set up a Rappelling Station where we would be in a harness throwing upside down from a tree, I thought he was kidding until I was hanging upside down in a tree and SpEsHuL Ed was limping across a rope bridge with a bad foot but he still managed to take second place!So my advise is be ready for anything!Joe D.**************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos. (http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> >>>>>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>>> ------------------------------------>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>>>