Re: Re: 30 mph

  • phil.west@kcl.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2000
      On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:53:44 EST KNIFETHRWR@... wrote:

      > From: KNIFETHRWR@...
      >
      > In a message dated 2/29/00 10:23:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      > phil.west@... writes:
      >
      > << It occured to me last night that Rick (or maybe it was Tim) mentioned
      > throwing in a tv special recently. Would it be possible to see the VT guys
      > of
      > this studio and see if they can use all their high tech stuff to see how
      > many
      > "frames" the knife takes to get to the target? -I know this is probabally on
      > tape and there are no real frames, but these things also have very accurate
      > timing signals to get dubbing right.
      > Phil >>
      >
      > Not a bad suggestion Phil, but the TV work was deifinately slow throwing as I
      > was throwing around people on a board, or trying mostly not to miss. My
      > guess is I slowed to 30mph or so during most of that work.
      > Rick

      Though this would not give us an estimate of your personal top speed,
      it might at least give us another figure to add to the data base -your slow
      throw is probabally close to many people's standard throw -might be interesting
      to find the speed of that bounce back you caught.
      Phil
      ----------------------

      phil.west@...
    • KNIFETHRWR@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2000
        phil.west@... writes:

        << Though this would not give us an estimate of your personal top speed,
        it might at least give us another figure to add to the data base -your slow
        throw is probabally close to many people's standard throw -might be
        interesting
        to find the speed of that bounce back you caught.
        Phil >>

        I do have a frame-by-frame slow motion of that bounce throw (it was a harder
        throw, as I was practicing). That was taped on 8mm with the "target cam"
        they mounted on the top of the target, facing me. Anyone know about the
        frame speed of 8mm? I can compute it from that, if you do.
        Rick