Re: [thrower] Change in management...

  • Scott Gracia
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1 8:39 AM
      "Scott who? You mean that weird little guy from way up north?"

      Who you callin' 'little' Ed? :-))) lol

      A while back you mentioned how few folks participate in the online
      tournaments... well I just wanted to mention out of all the subscribers to
      my newsletter (nearing 15,000) so far I have gotten results from only 4
      throwers. My fingers are all cramped up from posting so many scores :-)
      Theres still 2 weeks left so hopefully a few more will get involved (hint
      hint!).

      And another thing worth mentioning, the subscriber list for this list (the
      thrower list) is now up to 704 members but I'm sure atleast 200 are 'bad'
      addresses. The last time I checked (a month or so ago) there were around 400
      members. Either way, we are growing! WhewHoo!

      Hope everyone has a nice 4th of July weekend!

      Happy Rotations! :-)

      Scott Gracia
      101 Free Knife Throwing Tips
      http://www.throwzini.com

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 1 9:42 AM
        Hey Buddy in my defence I had my old target board torn down as it was
        getting rotten, I am having a new one built that is 12' wide and 7 feet tall and
        it will have an IKTHOF Target range on one side and an AKTA range on the other
        side.
        Hopefully then I can get back into the online tourneys.
        Anyone wanting to can probably do their qualifying throws in Netcong NJ. or
        in Greenville OH. where the next couple of tournaments are coming up, Netcong
        is on July 9th & 10th and Greenville will be July 30th & 31st.
        There is avialable info on the WWAC (www.wwac.com) web site as well as the
        Throwzini site (www.throwzini.com), I hope to see some of you at one or the
        other of these events, so far the lineup in NJ. is Mike Bainton, Tim Jester,
        Damon Wilson, Larry Czekaj, Dave Jester, Ron Thomas, Troy Hillibrecht, Pete
        Gaides and several others are supposed to make it to this throw so I'm sure we'll
        have a blast!
        For the benefit of the other throwers because Old Alamo always throws at
        the same W pattern we will be throwing at the upside down backwards Z formation
        pattern to throw him off, because at his age you can't teach him new tricks
        so it will take at least his first 2 knives for him to realize he's throwing at
        the wrong pattern, this should give the others a chance to catch up!
        This is going to be a great throw and a big thanks to Jeff Koch there is
        going to be some great prize knives up for grabs, I have used Jeff's knives to
        win several competitions and so have many others so don't miss out on possibly
        winning some of the best throwing knives in the world from Jeff Koch!
        C U all there!

        Joe D.
        Brokenfeather
        Custom Knives

      • Ed
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 1 5:08 PM
          Scott,

          I'll be in there buddy :) I did manage to miss June's onliner from Bill
          since I've been
          doing other things and being lazy since I got laid off. I haven't hardly
          thrown a knife
          since I got back from the Blade show. Now I've got Netcong coming up and
          only a few
          days left for practicing!
          Now I'm working again and things will get back to normal (well, normal for
          me at least).
          If I'm not working just about every day I lose focus and get lazy as
          hell...blame it on my
          ADD and OCD. I need a very regimented daily schedule to keep the fires in
          my belly
          stoked.

          Happy Independence Day to all here in the USA. While eating and partying
          this weekend
          please stop and give a thought, a prayer if so inclined, or a toast, for
          all those men &
          women that helped and are still helping us to have these freedoms we so
          often take for
          granted!!

          d-p-ed

          At 10:39 AM 7/1/2005 -0500, you wrote:

          >"Scott who? You mean that weird little guy from way up north?"
          >
          >Who you callin' 'little' Ed? :-))) lol
          >
          >A while back you mentioned how few folks participate in the online
          >tournaments... well I just wanted to mention out of all the subscribers to
          >my newsletter (nearing 15,000) so far I have gotten results from only 4
          >throwers. My fingers are all cramped up from posting so many scores :-)
          >Theres still 2 weeks left so hopefully a few more will get involved (hint
          >hint!).
          >
          >And another thing worth mentioning, the subscriber list for this list (the
          >thrower list) is now up to 704 members but I'm sure atleast 200 are 'bad'
          >addresses. The last time I checked (a month or so ago) there were around 400
          >members. Either way, we are growing! WhewHoo!
          >
          >Hope everyone has a nice 4th of July weekend!
          >
          >Happy Rotations! :-)
          >
          >Scott Gracia

        • Ed
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 1 5:16 PM
            Hey Joe you big weenie,

            I'll be there too!! And I'm gonna win both of them!! MuahHAhAhAaaa!!!!

            AND don't forget.....EVERYONE that ENTERS the Netcong event for knife & hawks
            will receive a special gift from ME. All others attending can BUY one at a
            price not
            decided on yet :))

            d-p-ed

          • brknfthr@aol.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 1 5:24 PM
              Sorry Ed, whenever I forget someone I get crap about it so you'll have to
              console yourself with the fact that I won't be competing in the Netcong event
              so will have to buy one of whatever it is your selling!

              Joe D.
              Brokenfeather
              Custom Knives

            • Murray White
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 1 11:01 PM
                one thing I have noticed Scott is that some SPAM is getting through. Got a couple different ones in the past couple days.

                now for the good news

                http://www.chicagocustomknifeshow.com/

                check this out. Bobby B is going to be performing there. I mentioned to Ed Wormser that maybe in the future some of the other throwers might be interested in the event and would do a competition like at Blade. I'm sure Ed was at Blade but don't know if he attended the event to see the tight competition between Joe and Mike.

                I'm sure the many throwers that are collectors would thoroughly enjoy the Chicago show. I attended the initial one last year but this year we only return from Europe a week before so not likely we can attend.

                We had a nice Canada Day today and wish all our US friends a great 4th of July-- Independence Day.

                MW

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 2 5:55 AM
                  Hi Murray!

                  Like always, some spam is going to get through. Its been happening for
                  years. Sorry but theres nothing I can do until after it has happened. I get
                  an email everytime someone signs up, or unsubscribes from the thrower list
                  giving me their email address. Problem is there is no way to tell who is
                  going to be sending the spam and who is there to learn about knife throwing
                  until after they have posted a message.

                  So when some spam shows up on the list, I just take that email address and
                  remove them, then ban them from the list. The simplest thing you can do is
                  just click the delete button when one shows up.

                  Happy Hurling!

                  Scott

                  > one thing I have noticed Scott is that some SPAM is getting through. Got
                  > a couple different ones in the past couple days.
                  >
                  > now for the good news
                  >
                  > http://www.chicagocustomknifeshow.com/
                  >
                  > check this out. Bobby B is going to be performing there. I mentioned to Ed
                  > Wormser that maybe in the future some of the other throwers might be
                  > interested in the event and would do a competition like at Blade. I'm sure
                  > Ed was at Blade but don't know if he attended the event to see the tight
                  > competition between Joe and Mike.
                  >
                  > I'm sure the many throwers that are collectors would thoroughly enjoy the
                  > Chicago show. I attended the initial one last year but this year we only
                  > return from Europe a week before so not likely we can attend.
                  >
                  > We had a nice Canada Day today and wish all our US friends a great 4th of
                  > July-- Independence Day.
                  >
                  > MW
                  >
                  > Scott Gracia <sgracia@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > And another thing worth mentioning, the subscriber list for this list (the
                  > thrower list) is now up to 704 members but I'm sure atleast 200 are 'bad'
                  > addresses. The last time I checked (a month or so ago) there were around
                  > 400
                  > members.

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • thrower1980
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 23 10:55 AM
                    Hi fellow throwers!
                    I would like to thank Matthew for running this list for such a long
                    time. I too think it was crucial in networking throwers and getting
                    them to network.

                    To set the record straight, I am 28 now, working at the University of
                    Ulm to get my PhD.

                    Greetings from Europe

                    Christian Thiel
                    --KnifeThrowing.info

                    --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "John Bailey" <bahamajohn@s...> wrote:
                    > Your right Matt. Christian was about 20 in 1999 and just entered
                    collage,
                    > when he came up to Solingen Germany when I was doing some work for
                    Boker.
                    > Christian took a 5 hours train trip up to see me, and get some tips on
                    > throwing. He is a great guy and smart far beyond his years. I think
                    he know
                    > at least 4 languages, and I think is now an associate professor at his
                    > collage.
                    >
                    > John
                    >

                    > John L. Bailey President, World Knife Throwers Guild, Inc. (Florida)
                    > Web Page: www.LashandSteel.com , Web Page: www.throwingknives.com
                    > How long you live, has nothing to do with how long you're dead, but what
                    > you believe has a lot to do with where you'll head. (j.bailey).

                    Scott I
                    > > wish you the best in this endeavor and I know you will be fine and the
                    > > list is in very capable hands. This list has not often received the
                    > > recognition it deserves with respect to its contribution to the
                    throwing
                    > > sport. Not only have many people been introduced to throwing here,
                    or at
                    > > least learned *how* to throw here, but many of the tournaments
                    that now
                    > > constitute the circut of AKTA/IKTA style competitions around the
                    country
                    > > exist at least indirectly as a result of the thrower list as so
                    many of
                    > > the movers and shakers of this sport in the 21st century met right
                    here!

                    > > Speaking of meetings (and on another subject) our friend and European
                    > > throwing enthusiast Christian Thiel was in San Francisco this week. He
                    > > called me up and I met him and took him to dinner... He's in his mid
                    > > twenties now which means I met him (or he met me) when he was
                    about 17 in
                    > > the early days of the thrower list. A handsom devil he is too, but
                    I know
                    > > he didn't get that from me!
                    > >
                    > > My boss just called... "We have a problem mission control" Time to
                    go back
                    > > to work...
                    > >
                    > > Until later
                    > >
                    > > matthew
                    > >

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Ed
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 23 1:51 PM
                      Hiya Christian :)

                      Been a long while since we heard from you. I hope all is well over on the
                      "other"
                      side. You going to make Austin this year?

                      DirtPoorEd