23175Re: My Intro- and where do I start?

  • tykespike01
    Aug 14 11:57 PM
      Hello Mike,

      For the attention of yourself and Catherine the group is actually called Knife & Tomahawk Throwers. The and sign makes all the difference. There are 850 members on it world wide.

      I hope this helps you both.

      Regards,

      Little John
      --- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, Mike <mgs333cat@...> wrote:

      > Hi John,
      > Outs doin lad? I am/was a member of the knife throwing group when it was email-based but never transitioned to the Facebook group. After reading your note to Catherine here I decided to go ahead and join.
      > After trying to find the group "Knife and Tomahawk Throwers" I can only find : "NSD Knife and Tomahawk Throwers" and "Knife and Tomahawk Throwers Practice" or something like that. The first group is closed so I can't join. Is our group one of those two or does it have a different Facebook name? Thanks,
      > Mike Sewchok
      >
      > Sent from my Samsung Captivate(tm) on AT&T
      >
      > tykespike01 <tykespike01@...> wrote:
      >
      > >Hello Catherine,
      > >
      > >Welcome to the world of knife throwing.
      > >
      > >To be open this group has been superceded by a group that we have on Facebook. It is called Knife and Tomahawk throwers.
      > >
      > >I am a moderator on there.
      > >
      > >There is much more traffic on there and lots of people to ask questions of.
      > >
      > >It is for target throwing only though and not self defence ( why are you thinking of using knives in a self defence situation ? The last thing I would be doing in that sort of incident would be throwing away my last weapon!! ;-)
      > >
      > >I'm quite happy to chat away on here if you want. I should be able to find you some throwers in the L.A. area and the best way to learn is to team up with them somehow.
      > >
      > >Regards from over the pond,
      > >
      > >Little John.
      > >

      > >--- In thrower@yahoogroups.com, "Catherine" <horsechic511@> wrote:
      > >>

      > >> Hello everyone,
      > >> My name is Catherine and I am really interested in knife throwing. I am mostly interested for fun and possible self defense.
      > >> Knife throwing, small ax or tomahawk throwing, and possibly whip casting are what I was looking at. SO where do I start? Are there videos I can watch to train myself? Or is it better to find a club in my area? I live in Los Angeles currently.
      > >> Thanks in advance for your help!
      > >> Catherine

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic