Japanese Festival at Missouri Botanical Garden this weekend

  • akridge1997@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1 9:40 PM
      We always attend this annual event.
      Thought everyone might like a heads-up.

      The link below is the schedule of events:

      http://www.mobot.org/events/JapaneseFestival/events_schedule.asp

      there is a unique sword demonstration and various martial arts; aikido on Sunday and Monday.

      Kevin & Elisha

      p.s. we've been struggling with sinus infections,
      should be on the mat Thursday
    • shur-way auto body inc
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2 8:51 AM
        Thanks for the info,
        I am generally out of town for the holiday but this year I will be in town either Sunday or Monday. I did plan to go down and watch the Aikido demo.

        Tonight is a test for my three students from Webster Groves. They have been training on Wednesday nights for two hours a night each week. They will show their 7th kyu skills tonight. Sensei has agreed to allow me to test them tonight at 7pm in Three Rivers. These three aikidoka are very dedicated to learning the art of Aikido. One student has been called away to Indiana for his daughters figure skating competition during this scheduled test. Being the dedicated student he drove up to Three Rivers last night to train for his test packed and ready to go to his daughters competition. He left the dojo at 7:30 for Indiana and will return today at 4:30pm to make the class at 6:00 for his 7th kyu test at 7:00pm.

        These three aikidoka are series about their training in our form of Aikido. If you could, please find the time to come to class tonight and welcome them into the Tenshin family. That would be greatly appreciated by me.

        Also, the two other members of Three Rivers that have substituted in my place while I was on vacation or sick, Conway and Nick. Thanks for your help. May be I will see you two tonight. Also a thanks to Sempi Eric for teaching the night after my arm was broke.

        Mike Swederska Sr.
        Shur-Way Auto Body Inc
        3540 Greenwood Blvd
        Maplewood Mo 63143