Tuesday nights class

  • shurway2000
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2008
      As most of you may already know. I have started to teach at the Webster
      Groves Rec Center. My first six week session ended last Wednesday
      night. I have invited the four students to my class at the dojo this up
      coming Tuesday night. They have never been in a dojo before and are
      very curious as to what it is like. It would give them a great
      experience if they trained with a whole bunch of us. So I am asking all
      the members that I have trained with over years to come on out and show
      them what kind of dojo we have.

      Thanks
      Mike Swederska
    • Shur-Way Auto Body Inc
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 23, 2010
        I was just reading an Akita article that it's subject was positive thinking during training. Last nights class was so full of good energy and positive thinking that it was hard to end class. You could just feel everyone learning and improving their personal skills in Akita. With that many Akita on the mat, 19 and three on the couch that many Akita brought a huge diverse skill level to the mat. I decided to break class up into three groups the second hour. Jeff and Nick helped me with the instructing and I want to really thank them for that. To take their time from class to help instruct is just another show of good positive energy and thinking in that class last night.

        Thanks to everyone for allowing me to learn from you.
        ms
      • Mike Swederska Sr
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 28, 2010

          Hay everyone,

          I hope that you all had a great Christmas and a very nice long week end. Well it is time to get back and hit the mat. I am all jazzed up from Monday morning class and cannot wait till tonight’s class. I suggest you don’t miss tonight and tomorrow’s class. We will be rocking and rolling.

          Eric Norge is in from California for a couple of days and has been training every chance he can get. Eric goes back I think this Wednesday so we are all going out to dinner after class tonight at Michael’s restaurant. Say around 8:30. If you would like to join us that would be great. The more the merrier.

          CYA in class.

          Sensei

        • emilyjkrst@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 6, 2011
            Hi Sempai Mike and everyone, Happy New Year! I regret not being able to attend class. There are some emergency health and housing issues I am working through. Hope to see you soon! Thanks, emily

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: "Mike Swederska Sr" <shur-way@...>
            Sender: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:27:38 -0600
            To: <threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [TRA Yahoo Group] Tuesday nights class

            Message 5 of 10 , May 24, 2011

              Hi everyone,

              Please be sure and bring your weapons to tonight’s class.

              Thanks

              ms

              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

            • Shur-Way
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011

                Hi all,

                I wanted to make a note for Tuesday nights class members and anyone else that would like to join us. Back in 2006 Valentine’s day landed on Tuesday. Back then my wife Vicky asked me what I would like for a present. I asked her to come to class and train for my gift. She obliged me. (Now that is what I call romantic.) The class was biased on Jo 13. Now this year our 31st anniversary lands on Tuesday, per our tradition she said that she will be coming to class as her gift to me. Just darn COOL!! As in the past we will work on Jo 13 suburi. Please bring your jo to class.

                If time permits, I would also like to start on Jo 20 suburi.

                ms

              • enevois
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011
                  Wow Vicky! You are a trooper! Sempai Mike, you had better come up with a stellar gift for this! Happy Anniversary to you both and hope to see you in class tomorrow barring any major issues arising.

                  Elisha

                  --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, "Shur-Way" <shur-way@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > I wanted to make a note for Tuesday nights class members and anyone else
                  > that would like to join us. Back in 2006 Valentine's day landed on Tuesday.
                  > Back then my wife Vicky asked me what I would like for a present. I asked
                  > her to come to class and train for my gift. She obliged me. (Now that is
                  > what I call romantic.) The class was biased on Jo 13. Now this year our 31st
                  > anniversary lands on Tuesday, per our tradition she said that she will be
                  > coming to class as her gift to me. Just darn COOL!! As in the past we will
                  > work on Jo 13 suburi. Please bring your jo to class.
                  >

                  > If time permits, I would also like to start on Jo 20 suburi.
                  >

                  > ms

                • Elliot Freeman
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011

                    It is so exciting to see Ranya’s and Mike’s Black belt Test on video…. It will soon be available at our web site …they both did a great job. I’m hoping Aida and Elisha contact Ranya  before she leaves to procure the codes for the web site so we can make some changes and updates …..Especially the yoga area needs a quick facelift.

                    We all will miss Ranya’s presence on the mat, but we also know she will be continuing her practice in Chile

                    ….best wishes from all TRA members.

                                                                                              Sensei

                    Wow Vicky! You are a trooper! Sempai Mike, you had better come up with a stellar gift for this! Happy Anniversary to you both and hope to see you in class tomorrow barring any major issues arising.

                    Elisha

                    --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, "Shur-Way" <shur-way@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all,
                    >
                    > I wanted to make a note for Tuesday nights class members and anyone else
                    > that would like to join us. Back in 2006 Valentine's day landed on Tuesday.
                    > Back then my wife Vicky asked me what I would like for a present. I asked
                    > her to come to class and train for my gift. She obliged me. (Now that is
                    > what I call romantic.) The class was biased on Jo 13. Now this year our 31st
                    > anniversary lands on Tuesday, per our tradition she said that she will be
                    > coming to class as her gift to me. Just darn COOL!! As in the past we will
                    > work on Jo 13 suburi. Please bring your jo to class.
                    >

                    > If time permits, I would also like to start on Jo 20 suburi.
                    >

                    > ms

                  • Terry Hildebrandt
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 29, 2011
                      Happy Anniversary Mike - you are a lucky guy!