April 2 Tuesday nights class

  • Shur-Way
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013

      Hi everyone,

      I would like to invite you all to this Tuesday nights class. The reason is that I have asked Sempai Fred Vogt to come in and teach the technique of ‘bokken take away”. I am very excited to have him agree to do this on such short notice  since he is in town for just this week.

      Please bring your bokken to class if you plan to attend.

      ms

    • A.C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2013
        Unfortunately I can't make it on short notice but I'd recommend to folks that haven't had a chance to work much with weapon take-aways. Much of what Fred taught last time was applicable to other melee weapons you'd be more likely to see - baseball bats, crowbars, poolcues, etc.

        a.c.

        --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, "Shur-Way" <shur-way@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I would like to invite you all to this Tuesday nights class. The reason is
        > that I have asked Sempai Fred Vogt to come in and teach the technique of
        > 'bokken take away". I am very excited to have him agree to do this on such
        > short notice since he is in town for just this week.
        >

        > Please bring your bokken to class if you plan to attend.
        >
        > ms

      • Mike S
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2013
          We had a good turnout for the bokken dori class instructed by sempai Fred Vogt Sandan. I think the class clock was on double time because the hour and half class was over leaving us wanting more. The class ended way before before the students wanted it to end. Everyone had a great time training with sempai Fred. His approach to instructing bokken dori was so clear for even students that had never held a bokken. It was truly a pleasure having him back. The 7th and 6th kyu students were able to keep up thus learning a lot. The enthusiasm of the class continued well after with the students coming up to me asking if we could incorporate bokken dori into our class curriculum for Tuesday nights. I realize that when students are that enthused at the end of class sempai Fred hit a homerun.

          ms