Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Getting my schedule straight

  • Elisha Nevis
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
      Please arrive earlier. Sempai Mike sent an email today requesting we all start after kids class at noon.
      Elisha

      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 15, 2013, at 7:18 PM, "pumpkinkid@..." <pumpkinkid@...> wrote:

      Hello all, Tommy here. I didn't have the good sense to write down what time to be at the dojo on Sunday to start cleaning before testing - and now I'm going back and forth between 1:00 and 2:00 pm. Would someone clear this up for me? What time do I need to be on hand?

      ~Tommy

    • Mike Schaefer
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
        Correct. Tai no henko is a katate tori (same side hand grab) followed by a tenkan, then taino tenkan for the remaining three of the set (step forward to meet uke, also to switch hands).

        Mike Schaefer

        To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
        From: jutn22@...
        Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 10:07:12 -0700
        Subject: Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Re: Getting my schedule straight

        Hey John,

        I was just reviewing the vocabulary, and tai no henko is the flow drill correct?  I know tai no tenkan is the 180* stance training, but I do not see that on the test.  On the web site is say ->
        Tai no henkoTAI NO TENKAN = Basic blending practice involving turning 180 degrees.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
          Tai no tenkan is a one person foot drill
          Tai no henko is a 2 person flow drill &
          All students who only go to the same classes and don't train a few floating classes per week... miss huge amounts of info from the other points of perspectives.... An aikidoka should avoid being at a class that their comfortable and happy in. Better to throw the dice and find out which class you end up at by chance....... As a beginner,.... learning from all TRA instructors ,teaches well rounded technique

          Sent from my iPhone

          To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
          From: jutn22@...
          Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 10:07:12 -0700

        • akridge1997@att.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
            Tommy,

            1:00 is the time and it was announced several weeks ago. We need the dojo cleaned for Sensei and allow time to prepare for testing. Ideally warmups begin before the 4:00 test time and the official test begins on time.

            Kevin

            --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, "pumpkinkid@..." <pumpkinkid@...> wrote:

            > Hello all, Tommy here. I didn't have the good sense to write down what time to be at the dojo on Sunday to start cleaning before testing - and now I'm going back and forth between 1:00 and 2:00 pm. Would someone clear this up for me? What time do I need to be on hand?
            >
            > ~Tommy

          • Elliot Freeman
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 24, 2013
              hummmm need to review all