Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Re: Getting my schedule straight

  • Justin Collier
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
      Hey John,

      I was just reviewing the vocabulary, and tai no henko is the flow drill correct?  I know tai no tenkan is the 180* stance training, but I do not see that on the test.  On the web site is say ->
      Tai no henkoTAI NO TENKAN = Basic blending practice involving turning 180 degrees.

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
        Please arrive earlier. Sempai Mike sent an email today requesting we all start after kids class at noon.
        Elisha

        Sent from my iPad

        On Mar 15, 2013, at 7:18 PM, "pumpkinkid@..." <pumpkinkid@...> wrote:

        Hello all, Tommy here. I didn't have the good sense to write down what time to be at the dojo on Sunday to start cleaning before testing - and now I'm going back and forth between 1:00 and 2:00 pm. Would someone clear this up for me? What time do I need to be on hand?

        ~Tommy

      • Mike Schaefer
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
          Correct. Tai no henko is a katate tori (same side hand grab) followed by a tenkan, then taino tenkan for the remaining three of the set (step forward to meet uke, also to switch hands).

          Mike Schaefer

          To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
          From: jutn22@...
          Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 10:07:12 -0700

          Hey John,

          I was just reviewing the vocabulary, and tai no henko is the flow drill correct?  I know tai no tenkan is the 180* stance training, but I do not see that on the test.  On the web site is say ->
          Tai no henkoTAI NO TENKAN = Basic blending practice involving turning 180 degrees.

          Senpai Swederska said 2pm. Often there are people there earlier.

          John

          --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, "pumpkinkid@..." <pumpkinkid@...> wrote:

          > Hello all, Tommy here. I didn't have the good sense to write down what time to be at the dojo on Sunday to start cleaning before testing - and now I'm going back and forth between 1:00 and 2:00 pm. Would someone clear this up for me? What time do I need to be on hand?
          >
          > ~Tommy

        • Mike Swederska
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013
            Tai no tenkan is a one person foot drill
            Tai no henko is a 2 person flow drill &
            All students who only go to the same classes and don't train a few floating classes per week... miss huge amounts of info from the other points of perspectives.... An aikidoka should avoid being at a class that their comfortable and happy in. Better to throw the dice and find out which class you end up at by chance....... As a beginner,.... learning from all TRA instructors ,teaches well rounded technique

            Sent from my iPhone

            To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
            From: jutn22@...
            Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 10:07:12 -0700

          • akridge1997@att.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 17, 2013
              Tommy,

              1:00 is the time and it was announced several weeks ago. We need the dojo cleaned for Sensei and allow time to prepare for testing. Ideally warmups begin before the 4:00 test time and the official test begins on time.

              Kevin

              --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, "pumpkinkid@..." <pumpkinkid@...> wrote:

              > Hello all, Tommy here. I didn't have the good sense to write down what time to be at the dojo on Sunday to start cleaning before testing - and now I'm going back and forth between 1:00 and 2:00 pm. Would someone clear this up for me? What time do I need to be on hand?
              >
              > ~Tommy

            • Elliot Freeman
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 24, 2013
                hummmm need to review all