RE: [TRA Yahoo Group] Monthly Instructor Meetings

  • Mike Schaefer
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2012
      How about, since Sensei has been talking about dissolving the exclusively B&B class, we have instructors meeting during the 4-6 slot and make the 6-8 open level again or keep 4-6 open level and have the instructors meeting after? Just an idea. That would work best for me.

      Mike Schaefer

      To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
      From: conwayletitia@...
      Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:41:00 -0800
      Subject: Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Monthly Instructor Meetings

      Saturday evenings are best for me.

      Conway

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2012
        Any of the times mentioned work fine for me thus far. Keep me posted. Elisha

        --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, Andrew James Maminta <AJames224@...> wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > Sensei mentioned that he would like to begin monthly meetings for all instructors. He suggested the first saturday of the month starting next saturday January 7th, at 8:30am at his house for breakfast and discussion. Topics to include training exercises and class content. As well as plans for this year, including additional Groupon and Living Social (I believe? he said a Canadian based e-coupon like Groupon...) releases, and plans for next visit to Taka Sensei's.
        >
        > What is everyone's availability like? Schaefer mentioned that there is a morning session with O'Neil next Saturday morning that he Conway and perhaps Dan, will be tied up in. What other days would work for everyone? 2nd, 3rd, 4th Saturdays of the month? Evenings?
        >
        > I appreciate any and all input.
        >
        > Arigato gozaimas,
        >
        > Andrew J. aka "Kwon" Maminta

      • conwayletitia
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2012
          Mike's idea is a good one. I don't think any instructor meeting needs to be more than an hour though. I think a meeting at 5pm followed by an open class from 6pm-8pm is a good idea.

          Conway

          --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, Mike Schaefer <instruggle@...> wrote:

          > How about, since Sensei has been talking about dissolving the exclusively B&B class, we have instructors meeting during the 4-6 slot and make the 6-8 open level again or keep 4-6 open level and have the instructors meeting after? Just an idea. That would work best for me.
          >
          > Mike Schaefer
          >
          > To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
          > From: conwayletitia@...
          > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:41:00 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Monthly Instructor Meetings

          > Saturday evenings are best for me.
          >
          > Conway

        • Andrew James Maminta
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2012
            Yeah I do like the sound of that, although I think I would prefer the 4-6 open class with the meeting following training, that way any meetings that possibly run over don't push class back.  I don't see a need for more than an hour of course but you never know.... Perhaps the 2nd Sunday of every Month?

            Anyone else have any suggestions?

            Andrew J. Kwon Maminta

            To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.comSend
            From: conwayletitia@...
            Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:18:19 +0000

            Mike's idea is a good one. I don't think any instructor meeting needs to be more than an hour though. I think a meeting at 5pm followed by an open class from 6pm-8pm is a good idea.

            Conway

            --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, Mike Schaefer <instruggle@...> wrote:

            > How about, since Sensei has been talking about dissolving the exclusively B&B class, we have instructors meeting during the 4-6 slot and make the 6-8 open level again or keep 4-6 open level and have the instructors meeting after? Just an idea. That would work best for me.
            >
            > Mike Schaefer
            >
            > To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
            > From: conwayletitia@...
            > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:41:00 -0800
            > Subject: Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Monthly Instructor Meetings

            > Saturday evenings are best for me.
            >
            > Conway

          • Conway & Letitia Wong
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2012
              Sounds good, Andrew.  I like your idea better.  Thanks for leading this.

              Conway

              To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.comSend
              From: conwayletitia@...
              Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:18:19 +0000

              Mike's idea is a good one. I don't think any instructor meeting needs to be more than an hour though. I think a meeting at 5pm followed by an open class from 6pm-8pm is a good idea.

              Conway

              --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, Mike Schaefer <instruggle@...> wrote:

              > How about, since Sensei has been talking about dissolving the exclusively B&B class, we have instructors meeting during the 4-6 slot and make the 6-8 open level again or keep 4-6 open level and have the instructors meeting after? Just an idea. That would work best for me.
              >
              > Mike Schaefer
              >
              > To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
              > From: conwayletitia@...
              > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:41:00 -0800
              > Subject: Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Monthly Instructor Meetings

              > Saturday evenings are best for me.
              >
              > Conway

            • Mike Schaefer
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2012
                agreed

                Mike Schaefer

                To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
                From: conwayletitia@...
                Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 08:08:03 -0800

                To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.comSend
                From: conwayletitia@...
                Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:18:19 +0000

                Mike's idea is a good one. I don't think any instructor meeting needs to be more than an hour though. I think a meeting at 5pm followed by an open class from 6pm-8pm is a good idea.

                Conway

                --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, Mike Schaefer <instruggle@...> wrote:

                > How about, since Sensei has been talking about dissolving the exclusively B&B class, we have instructors meeting during the 4-6 slot and make the 6-8 open level again or keep 4-6 open level and have the instructors meeting after? Just an idea. That would work best for me.
                >
                > Mike Schaefer
                >
                > To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
                > From: conwayletitia@...
                > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:41:00 -0800
                > Subject: Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Monthly Instructor Meetings

                > Saturday evenings are best for me.
                >
                > Conway

              • Dan
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2012
                  I Second it.

                  Dan Woods

                  On Jan 5, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Mike Schaefer <instruggle@...> wrote:

                  agreed

                  Mike Schaefer

                  To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
                  From: conwayletitia@...
                  Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 08:08:03 -0800

                  To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.comSend
                  From: conwayletitia@...
                  Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:18:19 +0000

                  Mike's idea is a good one. I don't think any instructor meeting needs to be more than an hour though. I think a meeting at 5pm followed by an open class from 6pm-8pm is a good idea.

                  Conway

                  --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, Mike Schaefer <instruggle@...> wrote:

                  > How about, since Sensei has been talking about dissolving the exclusively B&B class, we have instructors meeting during the 4-6 slot and make the 6-8 open level again or keep 4-6 open level and have the instructors meeting after? Just an idea. That would work best for me.
                  >
                  > Mike Schaefer
                  >
                  > To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: conwayletitia@...
                  > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:41:00 -0800
                  > Subject: Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Monthly Instructor Meetings

                  > Saturday evenings are best for me.
                  >
                  > Conway

                • Andrew James Maminta
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 6, 2012
                    Well... I spoke to Sensei last night and he is requesting a Saturday morning breakfast/meeting the last Saturday of the Month, January 28th at 8:30am.  He said that with attendance on Sunday evenings the way that they are, he prefers to hold it on a Saturday.  I think he said he'll have some breakfast available, but that everyone should bring something as well.

                    With that being the case..... would anyone be opposed to having a small upper level class before the meeting.  If I'm going to drive out there may as well get some training in, haha!

                    Andrew J. aka "Kwon" Maminta

                    CC: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
                    To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
                    From: danwoods.gm@...
                    Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 20:06:01 -0600

                    To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
                    From: conwayletitia@...
                    Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 08:08:03 -0800

                    To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.comSend
                    From: conwayletitia@...
                    Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:18:19 +0000

                    Mike's idea is a good one. I don't think any instructor meeting needs to be more than an hour though. I think a meeting at 5pm followed by an open class from 6pm-8pm is a good idea.

                    Conway

                    --- In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, Mike Schaefer <instruggle@...> wrote:

                    > How about, since Sensei has been talking about dissolving the exclusively B&B class, we have instructors meeting during the 4-6 slot and make the 6-8 open level again or keep 4-6 open level and have the instructors meeting after? Just an idea. That would work best for me.
                    >
                    > Mike Schaefer
                    >
                    > To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: conwayletitia@...
                    > Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:41:00 -0800
                    > Subject: Re: [TRA Yahoo Group] Monthly Instructor Meetings

                    > Saturday evenings are best for me.
                    >
                    > Conway

                  • Mike Schaefer
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 6, 2012
                      I am working that day and can't get off because someone from my shift is already off.

                      Mike Schaefer

                      To: threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com

                      From: danwoods.gm@...
                      Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 20:06:01 -0600