chance to demo aikido with Three Rivers, Saturday 09 October 2010

  • Mike Schaefer
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2010
      Dear fellow Three Rivers Aikidoka,

      Three Rivers Aikido has been invited to demonstrate aikido for ONE HOUR! as part of the Baden Branch Library's 3rd Annual “Living Life" Expo!  The Expo is sponsored by the St. Louis Public Library and Health Literacy Missouri. As many of you may know, I work for St. Louis Public Library but at a different branch.  However, my reputation has spread through the system, and the organizers are very interested in seeing what aikido is and how it can promote healthy living.

      Much like the Kid City Expo Three Rivers Aikido participated in last weekend at the Science Center, we will be tabling most of the day.  But, this time we have A WHOLE HOUR! to demonstrate.  What we can do with that hour depends upon your participation.  Please reply to this e-mail if you can participate in the demonstration (1pm-2pm) and if you are available to promote Three Rivers Aikido at any other time during the day.  Children and adults are encouraged to dress out and participate.

      The Baden branch library is at 8448 Church Road, St. Louis, Mo 63147 (off of Halls Ferry Rd, north of Calvary Cemetery). Below is link to a map:

      http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hl=en&tab=wl

      The Expo goes from 10am until 2pm and features CHIPS - Community Health in Partnership Service; CLAIM - Medicare/Medicaid, Primaris; City of St Louis Health Department; Lupus Foundation of American, Missouri Chapter; Institute of Family Medicine; Health To Go, Mobile Health Unit Outreach of Grace Hill; Sickle Cell - Missouri Foundation for Health; City of St. Louis Fire Department - Engine House 33; and of St. Louis Fire Department - Medic Unit 33; and, St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department - District 6. Take time and have a little fun, too. Visit with our fortuneteller, Madame Shirley and have your fortune told. Have your face painted by Miss Mary while watching our juggler Miss Krista. Meet the Library’s mascot, Theo Thesaurus. They’ll have balloons, music, and attendance prizes, too.

      Domo arigato gozaimashita,

      Mike Schaefer

    • Elisha Nevois-Akridge
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2010
        The girls, Kevin and I will assist with the demo.  Let me get back to you on time available to assist at the table as I'll have to make sitter arrangements.

        Elisha
      • Richard Livingston
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2010

          Mike,

          It would be fun, but I’m afraid I have other commitments that prevent me from participating.  Good luck with the demo,

          Rich L.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 2010

            در خدمتتون هستیم

            د