      From: Shur-Way [mailto:shur-way@...]
      Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:53 PM
      Subject: aikido note

      When training:

      Always train these six items, whether you’re a beginner or you’ve done them a million times. The more you do train these 6 items, the more intuitive they become. A black belt who has trained for years without an interruption in their training will perform these steps without even knowing he or she’d done it. There is no special sequence in which to study these steps they should always be covered in every training class.

      1.      Space

      2.      Timing

      3.      Connection

      4.      Blending

      5.      Awareness

      6.      Center

      If there is another step to always train generally it is employed when all else has failed. This step is DETAIL!! This is no rare occurrence even for the most experienced black belt, becoming sloppy. When it does, it is best to run back thru the steps with  more attention to the detail of the six items.

      Sensei Mike Swederska

      Instructor: Soto-Deshi, San-Kawa Dojo

      Shin-Gane Dojo Cho

      314 799-1998