2739RE: Ken O'Neil Workshop - Dec. 15, 2013 4pm-6pm

  • conwayletitia
    Nov 17 7:56 PM

       Workshop Subject:     Knife Fight!

         When:  December 15th.  2013

         Time:  4-6 P.M.

          Where:  Hosted By:   Three Rivers Aikido Dojo

                                           7403 Mancherster

                                           MaplewoodMO  63143

          Cost:  $15.00 per person (Please bring exact change.)

          Limited to people with a minimum of consistent Martial Art Training for the last 2 years, some knife training experience will be a plus.

      What to bring:   Long sleeve black shirt or sweat shirt and long black pants.  Cup and supporter, mouthpiece, eye protection—preferably paint ball helmet for full face protection and good visibility or something similar.  The full knife fight at the end of class will be with chalked knives to see where you get cut.

      Syllabus:  We shall work knife to knife and empty hand vs. knife.  You will be allowed to go full speed in some of the drills and in the actual fight. As well as kick, punch, elbow & knee. **THIS CLASS WILL NOT BE FOR TOTAL BEGINNERS OR KIDS OR MARTIAL ARTISTS WHO HAVE HAD NO FULL CONTACT TRAINING.

      We shall work our way up from drills to prepare and warm up to the full fight at the end of the workshop.  This will be fun and very revealing for some of you about where you are in your training; Physically, Emotionally, Psychologically and Skill Development Wise.

      ****Those who complete and return a questionnaire after the workshop, will receive a workshop certificate.

      ---In threeriversaikido@yahoogroups.com, <conwayletitia@...> wrote:

      Integrated Martial Arts Workshop, December 15, 2013 @ 4pm-6pm
      Topic:  Knife Fight!

      We shall work empty hand vs. knife and knife to knife.  This will not be for beginners or kids.
      Must have trained regularly for at least the last 2 years and have a little knife training experience.
      There will be contact and much of the work will be done full speed at various times. Preliminary exercises will build to full, free-style knife fight.
      Wear:    Black long sleeve shirt or sweat shirt, black long pants for chalk knife.  Cup & supporter, mouthpiece.  Eye protection is a good idea too.

      Cost:  $15 per person
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic