[thoughts] Lessons for December 16

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2012

      Christ's Glorious Body Grows
      (Ephesians 4:1-16)
      International Bible Lesson

      Building the Church
      (1 Corinthians 3:1-17)
      Christian Light Publications

      Christ's Glorious Body Grows
      (Ephesians 4:1-16)

      When I read of a congregation that is growing in numerical size, I almost always wonder if corresponding spiritual growth is taking place. I have to wonder, though, if I'm not also inclined to excuse my congregation's lack of growth in numbers by saying we are growing in spirituality.

      I believe that a congregation's spiritual growth will naturally and inevitably lead to its numerical growth. So what causes a church to grow spiritually? Let's notice some factors from today's lesson text.

      Read all of it: Christ's Glorious Body Grows

      I have a 20% discount in effect at
      www.anabaptistbooks.com
      books, CDs, cassettes

      Building the Church
      (1 Corinthians 3:1-17)

      The Church is a glorious building. Have you seen the foundation recently? It was laid by none other than the apostles and the prophets. Put another way, the apostles and prophets and all their teachings comprise that foundation. And what about that corner stone, eh? From it alone comes the building's strength and structural integrity. How fitting that it should be Jesus Himself. But that's not all about this glorious building, the Church.

      We are integral parts of it as well! All these diverse pieces that we are have been framed together just so. And as we grow (and grow together) we become increasingly glorious, made even more so by the incredible fact that God dwells in us through His Spirit.

      Read all of it: Building the Church
      Note: The title is different, but the passage is essentially the same.