[thoughts] Lessons for November 18

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2012

      Mutual Ministry in Malta
      (Acts 28:1-10)
      International Bible Lesson

      Revival in the Growing Church
      (Acts 11:19-30)
      Christian Light Publications

      Below are excerpts from the first page of each lesson.

      The second page is titled Applying God's Word to Me. For short highlights from that, visit the Books blog.

      Mutual Ministry in Malta
      (Acts 28:1-10)

      I wonder why God wants us to know this account. Surely He has more in mind than inspiring us with a great story that has some unanticipated turns. However, if all He intends for the story is to inspire and uplift us, I certainly could use the lift and the inspiration!

      Then again, it seems likely that He wants this life example to reassure me of His nearness and His sovereignty at all times. He wants to boost my faith, strengthen my gratefulness, and whet my appetite for service. (Right?)

      Read all of the first page: Mutual Ministry in Malta

      Revival in the Growing Church
      (Acts 11:19-30)

      Barnabas was a discerning encourager and an encouraging teacher. The brand new church in Antioch needed such a person. But Barnabas himself had not advanced to such a level that he had no need of encouragement and help as well. Even in Christ, he just was not self-sufficient.

      I want to grow much more in recognizing my own needs and in depending on others in the church. I want to be like Barnabas, who could acknowledge his own limitations and turn to a brother for help in the Lord's work.

      Read all of the first page: Revival in the Growing Church

      Panting (Faith Works -- Book 1)
      available as a PDF and as a Kindle ebook
      $2.99 in either format

      © 2012 Mark Roth