[thoughts] Help from Unexpected Sources (July 11-17, 2011)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2011

      Sunday School Lessons for July 17, 2011
         - Help from Unexpected sources
         - Judgment and Deliverance

      HELP FROM UNEXPECTED SOURCES
      (Judges 3:15-25, 29-30)

      What "foreign power" do I serve as a defeated child of God?

      If I cry out to God for help, will I accept whatever help and helper He sends?

      When I plead with God for help, do I do so with a surrendered will?

      By what criteria does God select deliverers? Am I ever a suitable candidate?

      As a New Testament child of God, do I ever justify (or resort to) deceit and treachery in my efforts to do God's will?

      Or do I strive to live by the Spirit of Christ and His Gospel?

      Read the rest

      Add your comments and questions and answers and insights

      JUDGMENT AND DELIVERANCE
      (Obadiah 1-4, 10-21)

      "The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee" -- Practically speaking, how shall I avoid (or escape) this kind of self-deception?

      "For thy violence against thy brother Jacob shame shall cover thee" -- Can I identify with that kind of treatment of my brother?

      "As thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee" -- Does that encourage me or frighten me?

      What do I know about showing compassion? Especially when judgment seems so fitting and deserved?

      Who shall deliver me? Or do I not need deliverance?

      How do I know whether or not my setbacks and calamities are God bringing me down?

      Does anyone need deliverance from me?

      Am I expected to deliver anyone? Why or why not?