[thoughts] A Job Well Done (May 30 - June 5, 2011)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011

      Sunday School Lessons for June 5, 2011
            - A Job Well Done
            - The Consequences of Abandoning Truth

      A JOB WELL DONE
      (Joshua 1:1-6; 11:16-19, 21-23)

      Do I believe the promise of God's presence and power for doing God's bidding?

      Do I believe God will do as He says when He gives me a job to do?

      "Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon" -- how much faith and effort am I willing to expend in order to achieve the conquest God promises?

      Am I prone to stop the conquest before the job is done, so long as I've gained enough to satisfy myself?

      "I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee" -- if I believed God were saying that to me, what part of my divine job would I assume I couldn't do?

      "Do according to all...which my servant commanded thee" -- will I exercise the strength and courage to follow through with such a divine charge?

      With which of God's adversaries am I content to make peace?

      Which portions of God's promised inheritance am I willing to leave unclaimed?

      Read the rest:
         http://www.anabaptists.org/clp/youth/1-311ibs.html

      Please take the time to read something else I posted online this week.
      It is extremely important:
           Recognizing Drowning in Progress

      Then read the shorter follow-up post I wrote today:
           Quiet, Silent Drowning

      Thank you!

      THE CONSEQUENCES OF ABANDONING TRUTH
      (Hosea 4:1-13)

      About what might the Lord have a controversy with me?

      Where do truth, mercy, and knowing God fit in my daily experience?

      How does God want me to embrace knowledge?

      Does God still require His people (like me!) to remember His law?

      What will my children and grandchildren suffer because of my neglect?

      "They have left off to take heed to the LORD" -- am I guilty?

      Do I have any indulgences which "take away the heart" for me?

      What will I do to be faithful...and increase in faithfulness?

      What do I do to encourage and promote faithfulness in others?

      Read the rest:
         http://www.anabaptists.org/clp/youth/1-311.html

      You're free to forward this, if you wish.

      Thanks for being a subscriber to Thoughts for the Week!