[thoughts] Emulating Jesus' Attitude (April 25 - May 1, 2011)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2011
      I'm sorry this is so late in the week again. :(

      Please pray for the Timothy Miller family:
      http://www.eaf.net/mvp/2010/usa-v-timothy-david-miller/

      Now on to the Sunday School Lessons for May 1, 2011
      - Emulating Jesus' Attitude
      - Jesus, Lord of All Creation

      EMULATING JESUS' ATTITUDE
      (Philippians 2:1-11)

      Where do I draw the line against being likeminded as Philippians 2:2
      requires? Why?

      "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory" -- had I adhered to
      that fully yesterday, what would I have left undone or done
      differently? And how will I do better at that today?

      How much do I want a lowly mind? What am I willing to do to attain to it?

      "Esteem other better than themselves" -- on what basis should I do that?

      Can I be a Christian and not "Let this mind be in you, which was also
      in Christ Jesus"? Does God expect me to somehow actively pursue that?

      Whom does God call me to serve today?

      Before whom must I humble myself today?

      This mind in me: "Made himself of no reputation"?

      This mind in me: "Took upon him the form of a servant"?

      This mind in me: "He humbled himself"?

      This mind in me: "Became obedient"?

      If that mind is in me and if that mind is in you, we are likeminded!

      I bow my knee and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Amen.

      Read the rest:
      http://www.anabaptists.org/clp/youth/9-211ibs.html

      Add your comments and questions and answers and insights:
      http://www.eaf.net/pantinghart/2011/emulating-jesus-attitude/

      To send a little commission my way...

      take advantage of the site-wide 5% discount I'm offering here:
      http://www.rodstaff.com/special.html

      enter Christian Light's site through my site:
      http://www.clpcle.com

      enter Amazon.com via the search box or the links here:
      http://www.anabaptistbooks.com/services/amazon/

      Thank you very much!

      JESUS, LORD OF ALL CREATION
      (Mark 6:45-56)

      "He constrained his disciples to get into the ship" -- Is my chief
      purpose today to be attentive and obedient to the Master?

      Even He who is one with the Father prayed. Much. I don't understand
      why God the Son needed to pray. What do I not understand about prayer?

      Jesus could see them "in the midst of the sea" while He was on land,
      apparently quite a while after they left. I believe He is similarly
      aware of my "toiling in rowing" while the wind is contrary to me. But
      how do I increase my awareness of and reliance on that...and Him?

      Jesus spoke to the need of their hearts. What must I do to hear Him
      better when He speaks to the needs of my heart?

      Jesus saw them from land. He walked on water (faster than they were
      rowing). He stilled the storm. Do I know of anything He cannot do on my behalf?

      What has hardened my heart?

      Does my faith fail to "connect the dots" of God's faithfulness?

      Which of God's past provisions for me am I failing to consider in my
      present distress?

      The people could count on Jesus for help. Do I? Furthermore, do
      others see enough of Jesus in me that they count on me for some
      compassion and help?

      In this passage, I can easily see various instances of Jesus'
      consideration and compassion for others. How well can I discern His
      consideration and compassion for me?

      Read the rest:
      http://www.anabaptists.org/clp/youth/9-211.html

      Add your comments and questions and answers and insights:
      http://www.eaf.net/pantinghart/2011/jesus-lord-of-creation/

      You're free to forward this, if you wish.

      Thanks for being a subscriber to "Thoughts for the Week"!