[thoughts] Lavish Praise (April 11-17, 2011)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2011
      Sunday School Lessons for April 17, 2011
      - Lavishing Praise
      - The Arrest and Trial

      LAVISHING PRAISE
      (Mark 11:1-11)

      Do I know what people are saying about Jesus these days?

      How careful am I to do the Master's bidding?

      How much risk will I take in order to do what Jesus says?

      If I have something Jesus needs, may He have it?

      May His disciples have it?

      Am I sufficiently generous with my praise of Jesus?

      Does my praise result merely from an emotional rush of the moment?

      What's the "shelf life" of my praise?

      When Jesus enters my home, what does He see?

      When Jesus enters my computer, what does He look upon?

      Read the rest: http://www.anabaptists.org/clp/youth/7-211ibs.html

      To send a little commission my way...

      ...on your Amazon purchases,
      enter Amazon.com via the search box or the links here:
      http://www.anabaptistbooks.com/services/amazon/

      ...on your CLE purchases,
      enter Christian Light's site through my site:
      http://www.clpcle.com

      ...on your Rod & Staff purchases,
      take advantage of the site-wide 10% discount I'm offering here:
      http://www.rodstaff.com/special.html

      Thank you very much!

      THE ARREST AND TRIAL
      (Mark 14:43-59)

      Am I at peace with the scenario painted in Revelation 20?

      Do I think my loyalty to Jesus is a given -- no circumstance
      exists in which I would become the next Judas?

      What small betrayals do I overlook or excuse or mislabel?

      Do I expect others to defend me and stand up for me -- and
      resent them when they don't?

      When do I pursue my own interests...at the expense of justice?

      How must I handle "those" who have witnessed falsely against me?

      What must I do when I know someone is giving an inaccurate
      report about another?

      Read the rest: http://www.anabaptists.org/clp/youth/7-211.html