[thoughts] Christ Satisfies Our Needs (January 15-21, 2007)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2007

      CHRIST SATISFIES OUR NEEDS
      (John 6:27-40; 7:37-39)

      ARE YOU SATISFIED?

      Everyone wants and seeks for fullness, completeness and
      satisfaction. And how many avenues people chase down, trying
      to reach that wonderful destination! They try to attain
      completeness through marriage or business or career or
      entertainment or self-indulgence or travel or ministry or who
      knows what else.

      Few in our world today find true fulfillment, because few in the
      world know where to look for it. Have you found it? Do you
      know *where* to find it? I do!

      Colossians 2:10 points us in the only right direction -- "Ye are
      complete in him." Those who are fully yielded to Jesus Christ
      are also full in Him. Our word *complete* translates the Greek
      word *pleroo*, which the King James Version translates more
      often as *fulfil *(by a 25:1 ratio, in fact). To help us get a fuller
      appreciation for our completeness in Him, here are some of the
      other passages where *pleroo* is used.

      "And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with
      wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him" (Luke 2:40). His
      completeness in us fills us with His WISDOM.

      "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall
      receive, that your joy may be full" (John 16:24). As our boldness
      in Him increases, we ask and receive according to His will,
      resulting in fullness of JOY.

      "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who
      walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Romans 8:4). Our
      daily, living surrender to Jesus brings about in us an amazing
      completeness which the Law could never bring: RIGHTEOUSNESS!

      "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in
      believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the
      Holy Ghost" (Romans 15:13). In John 16 we already saw the
      dimension of joy being fulfilled in us. Here we find added to us
      complete PEACE as well as HOPE.

      "I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our
      tribulation" (2 Corinthians 7:4). When you are in the middle of
      your darkest moments, remember that your completeness in
      Christ fills you with COMFORT.

      "Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus
      Christ, unto the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:11).
      Jesus in us; we in Jesus: the result is the fruits of righteousness.
      Thus we can enjoy completeness in our PRODUCTIVITY!

      Are you complete in Him?

      WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?

      How do I strive for the meat that lasts forever?

      How thoroughly does Christ satisfy my need?

      Does this mean I don't need anybody else?

      What are some results of Jesus meeting my needs?

      For some of my Scripture choices to answer the above questions,
      go here:
      http://www.anabaptists.org/clp/youth/8-107.html

      Ways in which you may help support "Thoughts for the Week"

      Have you looked recently at my used books for sale?
      http://www.anabaptistbooks.com/services/used.html

      Please rate this Ezine at the Cumuli Ezine Finder
      http://www.cumuli.com/ezines/ra20854.rate