[thoughts] Faith Confirmed (May 5-11, 2003)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2003
      I have no control over and hereby disclaim ads/links above.

      Come see the Rod and Staff set I'm selling at eBay right now:
      http://www.anabaptistbooks.com/services/my-ebay.html

      FAITH CONFIRMED
      (Mark 8:27-35; 9:2-7)

      TO ME HE IS . . .

      Son of God and Son of Man.
      Jesus Christ was born of a woman some two thousand years ago,
      but He has always been the Son of the Father. Being perfect God, He
      became perfect man. Because of Him, that perfection becomes
      available to me, enabling me to live a life that's pleasing both to
      the Father and to the Son. His divine power works in me to the
      praise of His glory!

      Saviour.
      I once was lost in sin with no hope and no way of recovery on
      my own. But in Jesus I have experienced salvation full and free. I
      had nothing to commend me to God, but He loved me anyhow, through
      Jesus creating in me a new heart and a renewed spirit. He has
      delivered me from the wages of sin and has bestowed on me the free
      gift of God. I am redeemed by the blood of the lamb!

      Lord.
      I used to think I was my own boss, not knowing that I served
      Satan and sin. Now Jesus reigns in my life as my sole Master,
      having freed me from my bondage to sin, to Satan, and to myself.
      Where He leads, I will follow. Where He sends, I will go. What He
      says, I will do. I will live my life according to His. I yield to
      Him the members of my body as instruments of righteousness. I will
      seek first His kingdom and righteousness. Fully surrendered to Him
      (and growing in that surrender), I will be true to Him.

      Shepherd.
      He gave His life for me and I accepted His sacrifice. That
      makes me His sheep! That means He knows me! I will pay attention to
      no other voice. I will trust in Him and not be afraid, because He
      is with me and restores my soul. He will withhold from me no good
      thing, so I shall not want. When I wander, He will seek me and lead
      me back to the paths of righteousness where I belong. With this
      Shepherd, goodness and mercy shall surely follow me all the days of
      my life!

      The Almighty.
      Jesus is absolute sovereign. Before Him shall every knee bow.
      As King of Kings and Lord of Lords, He will someday sit on the
      throne of final judgment. All power has been given to Him
      everywhere. Being omnipotent, He freely sends us forth to do His
      work on the earth, assuring us that He and His unlimited power
      accompany and enable us. With the Almighty, why shall I fear what
      anyone can do to me?

      Creator.
      He made everything. Everywhere I see demonstrations of His
      creativity -- animals that tunnel around under the ground; snakes
      that come out of eggs; little seeds that become huge trees
      producing millions more little seeds; ducks that fly, walk, paddle,
      and dive; people that invent the most amazing things. With gravity
      He keeps the power of centrifugal force from flinging us this
      spinning planet. He keeps the atmosphere spinning with the earth so
      that we don't get blown all over the place. Every day is a common
      experience of the grandiose -- because Jesus is the Creator and
      Sustainer of all things. All things were created by Him and for
      Him. Even yet, He is busy creating new creatures in Him, designed
      for good works that abound to His praise and glory. And the day is
      coming when He will create a new heaven and a new earth.

      Who is Jesus to you?

      NO EXCEPTIONS

      To follow Jesus, we must deny ourselves and take up His cross.
      Whoever would be His disciple can do so only by surrendering
      completely to His will. "Whosoever will come after me, let him deny
      himself, and take up his cross, and follow me" (Mark 8:34).

      Anyone wishing to make his life worthwhile will achieve that goal
      only by giving up his life for Jesus and His work. "For whosoever
      will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life
      for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it" (Mark 8:35).

      When Jesus says "whosoever," He means everyone and He makes no
      exceptions.

      Webmasters: Did you know this is a syndicated column?
      With two lines of code, you can put it on
      your own site...and that's it. Click this
      link for more details:

      http://www.anabaptists.org/syndicate.html