HINDU CEREMONY IN FATIMA

  • thomas_the_lesser
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2004
      The construction of the syncretist New One World Religion continues.
      JPII believes that all religions were started by God and that
      conversions are out of the question. For him, the Catholic Church is
      an instrument to be subverted and used for the construction of this
      new false religion. He is not a Catholic but is an apostate
      syncretist. He recently "blessed" the foundation stone for the new
      syncretist Fatima shrine that they are constructing as I write.

      I appeal to all priests to join the SSPX now, otherwise they may as
      well become hindu priests. See www.sspx.org for contact details.

      Thomas.

      Fwd:

      Atila Sinke Guimarães

      HINDU CEREMONY IN FATIMA – The May 22 issue of Portugal's National
      Weekend Newspaper gave a written account of a news report recently
      broadcast by SIC Portuguese television. A Hindu religious service was
      held in the Chapel of the Apparitions at the Fatima Sanctuary.
      According to Portugal's National Newspaper, 60 Hindus led by a high
      priest traveled to Fatima to pay homage to the goddess Devi, their
      divinity of nature. Standing behind the altar of the Chapel of the
      Apparitions, a Hindu priest led the prayer sessions. As the scene was
      broadcasted, the TV reporter commented on this "unprecedented unique
      moment in the history of the shrine."

      Msgr. Luciano Guerra, the rector of the Sanctuary, also appeared in
      the newscast and stated: "These meetings give us the opportunity to
      remind ourselves that we live in community." Which is, I comment, a
      hypocritically vague statement meant to legitimate the blasphemous
      event he permitted.

      After worshipping their gods in the Chapel, the Hindus were shown
      visiting a miniature-model of the new Basilica already under
      construction. Subsequent to that, each Hindu was greeted by the
      Bishop of Leiria, Serafim Ferreira e Silva, who bowed deferentially
      to the Hindu priest. The Hindu priest was then shown vesting both
      Bishop Ferreira e Silva and Msgr. Guerra with Hindu prayer shawls.
      The reporter explained to the viewers: "On the shoulders of the
      highest representatives of the Church in Fatima, the Hindu priest
      places shawls with inscriptions from the Bhagayad Gita, one of the
      sacred books of Hinduism."

      The newscast ended with scenes of the Hindu priest lighting a candle
      at the present day Sanctuary, while his followers danced outside the
      Chapel of the Apparitions and chanted praises to their gods.

      Indisputably this event represents, by the way of facts, the
      beginning of pan-religious ceremonies in Fatima, taking place even
      while the syncretistic shrine is being built. It is a confirmation of
      what has been said: the plan is going ahead led by the Catholic
      ecclesiastical authorities in Fatima and approved by Rome.
    • jamesmiguez
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2004
        --- In thomism@yahoogroups.com, "thomas_the_lesser"
        <thomas_the_lesser@y...> wrote:

        > The construction of the syncretist New One World Religion continues.
        > JPII believes that all religions were started by God and that
        > conversions are out of the question. For him, the Catholic Church is
        > an instrument to be subverted and used for the construction of this
        > new false religion.

        With all due respect. This is false. Blatant. A cold, hard naked
        assertion with no facts and no substance to back it up. Rather it is
        inspired by an ideological motive. In numerous words and actions, John
        Paul II has shown himself a great advocate of Catholic evangelization.
        is always pushing for evangelization.

        > He is not a Catholic but is an apostate
        > syncretist. He recently "blessed" the foundation stone for the new
        > syncretist Fatima shrine that they are constructing as I write.

        Once more, these are groundless allegations, misdirected.

        > I appeal to all priests to join the SSPX now, otherwise they may as
        > well become hindu priests. See www.sspx.org for contact details.

        Here the axe to grind.

        > Thomas.
        >
        > Fwd:
        >
        > Atila Sinke Guimarães
        >
        > HINDU CEREMONY IN FATIMA – The May 22 issue of Portugal's National
        > Weekend Newspaper gave a written account of a news report recently
        > broadcast by SIC Portuguese television. A Hindu religious service was
        > held in the Chapel of the Apparitions at the Fatima Sanctuary.
        > According to Portugal's National Newspaper, 60 Hindus led by a high
        > priest traveled to Fatima to pay homage to the goddess Devi, their
        > divinity of nature. Standing behind the altar of the Chapel of the
        > Apparitions, a Hindu priest led the prayer sessions. As the scene was
        > broadcasted, the TV reporter commented on this "unprecedented unique
        > moment in the history of the shrine."
        >
        > Msgr. Luciano Guerra, the rector of the Sanctuary, also appeared in
        > the newscast and stated: "These meetings give us the opportunity to
        > remind ourselves that we live in community." Which is, I comment, a
        > hypocritically vague statement meant to legitimate the blasphemous
        > event he permitted.
        >
        > After worshipping their gods in the Chapel, the Hindus were shown
        > visiting a miniature-model of the new Basilica already under
        > construction. Subsequent to that, each Hindu was greeted by the
        > Bishop of Leiria, Serafim Ferreira e Silva, who bowed deferentially
        > to the Hindu priest. The Hindu priest was then shown vesting both
        > Bishop Ferreira e Silva and Msgr. Guerra with Hindu prayer shawls.
        > The reporter explained to the viewers: "On the shoulders of the
        > highest representatives of the Church in Fatima, the Hindu priest
        > places shawls with inscriptions from the Bhagayad Gita, one of the
        > sacred books of Hinduism."
        >
        > The newscast ended with scenes of the Hindu priest lighting a candle
        > at the present day Sanctuary, while his followers danced outside the
        > Chapel of the Apparitions and chanted praises to their gods.
        >
        > Indisputably this event represents, by the way of facts, the
        > beginning of pan-religious ceremonies in Fatima, taking place even
        > while the syncretistic shrine is being built. It is a confirmation of
        > what has been said: the plan is going ahead led by the Catholic
        > ecclesiastical authorities in Fatima and approved by Rome.

        Apparently your sources are incorrect. Read Rick Salbato's investigation.

        FATIMA WILL REMAIN CATHOLIC
        Inside information on Fatima's Pluralistic Controversy
        By Richard P. Salbato

        Last October 10th, 11th and 12th, a religious conference was held at
        the Paul VI Pastoral Center adjacent to the Fatima Shrine in Portugal.
        It was reported that this conference was a UN and Vatican initiative
        for interfaith dialogue but in fact it was the Shrine's initiative to
        enter into dialogue on greater use of shines for peace in the world
        through interfaith cooperation and perhaps the use of shrines for this
        cooperation.

        The Shrine's rector Monsignor Luciano Guerra, called the conference as
        a response to a meeting last year of shrine rectors throughout the
        world looking for ways to use the vast influence of shrines for
        promotion of peace and the cooperation of different religions for
        justice in the world. Archbishop Michael Fitzgerald, President of the
        Pontifical Council for Inter-Religious Dialogue which has
        responsibility for such matters, was invited and monitored the
        conference. In keeping with Vatican guideline, representatives of
        these different religions did not pray together but simply talked
        about the use of shrines in their different religions and faiths. The
        possible use of shrines for ecumenical dialogue was hardly mentioned.
        There would have been no over-reaction to the conference if not for
        two things: The Pius X Society picked the conference with flyers and
        the unfortunate invitation of the notorious interfaith theologian,
        Father Jacques Dupuis. I cannot justify the invitation of Dupuis,
        however I am trying to find out why he was invited and will report on
        this more in future Newsletters. Right now because of the untimely
        death of Vice-rector, Father Villanova, having interviews is
        difficult. Father Villanova, of whom I was to talk with, was killed
        in a car accident in Spain while he was visiting his family.
        Monsignor Guerra (whose daily Masses I have attended for almost three
        years) is totally Catholic with a love of the Mass and totally
        dedicated to the messages of Fatima and the memoirs of Lucia, from
        whose books he quotes often. For over 20 years he has kept Fatima
        pure of outside controversies and conflicts that have effected the
        Church throughout the world. Although the Pius X Society was deigned
        a permit to build a church in Fatima, they obtained a permit to build
        a hotel under another name and then converted it into a chapel. Other
        than this there are no non-catholic organizations in Fatima. And yes,
        I consider the Pius X Society as non-catholic since they are not in
        communion with the Holy Father. Because of their connection to Father
        Gruner and their continuous attacks on the 1984 Consecration, their is
        great animosity between them and the Shrine.

        The Portugal News

        "The Portugal News" published in English the first and only article
        against this Conference in all of Portugal entitled "Fatima to Become
        an Interfaith Shrine". Mostly from this article came the controversy.
        They have published the false claims of the false organization
        called "Vatican Investigators Inc.", and organization that does not
        exist. Since the Portugal News is located in the Algarve, a six hour
        drive from Fatima, has a distribution of only a few thousand, and
        reports mostly on the happenings of the retired people from England in
        the Algarve, why are they reporting on anything in Fatima or anything
        Catholic, since their readers are mostly Protestants from England.
        Although the source of these reports comes from those people who have
        a long history of conflicts with the Fatima Shrine (Father Gruner, The
        Pius X Society, The Portugal News), I cannot find a way to condone the
        invitation of Father Jacques Dupuis as a speaker.
        Father Jacques Dupuis

        Father Jacques Dupuis is not new to me. Because I have been in the
        ecumenical movement for many years and in fact this is why I call my
        company "Unity Publishing", I have had to learn what "Ecumenical"
        means to a Catholic. To the Holy Father and to all true Catholics it
        means "dialogue to the truth of faith". It does not mean "pluralism"
        which is a heresy. The Holy Father stressed this many times but
        most forcibly in "That they may be One" and in the "Spender of Truth".
        To a Catholic "dialogue to truth" will lead all religions to join the
        Catholic Faith because we, and we alone, possess the truth and we are
        confident that we can prove this in pure and scientific dialogue. To
        do this successfully we must hold fast to the teachings of the faith
        and not compromise truth.

        Father Jacques Dupuis stands for everything that I stand against in
        the ecumenical movement. He is a notorious pluralist and therefore a
        notorious heretic. He has not been declared a heretic yet, but he has
        been censured by the Vatican and his writings have been censured.
        However, the very statements that the Vatican required of him to
        include in his writings are the very statements that he repudiated at
        this conference. I will assume now that he will be called to task by
        the Vatican and have to recant or be excommunicated.

        At the Congress, Father Dupuis said that the purpose of dialogue is
        NOT to convert the non-Catholic but rather to help "the Christian to
        become a better Christian, and the Hindu a better Hindu - Christians
        and `the others' are co-members of the Reign of God in history - the
        Holy Spirit is present and operative in the sacred books of Hinduism
        or of Buddhism - He is present and operative in the sacred rites of
        Hinduism". In reference to the doctrine of "outside the Church there
        is no salvation proclaimed again at the Council of Florence, Father
        Jacques Dupuis said, "There is no need to invoke here that horrible
        text from the Council of Florence in 1442".

        Father Dupuis stated that: "Christians and `the others' are
        co-members of the Reign of God in history - the Holy Spirit is
        present and operative in the sacred books of Hinduism or of Buddhism.
        That He is present and operative in the sacred rites of Hinduism".

        All these statements are heresy, the heresy of pluralism. They are
        everything that the ecumenical movement stands against. They are in
        fact Masonic and Antichrist doctrines. They are the goals of the
        Masons, and what is said to be the religion of the Antichrist when he
        comes. A Religion of no truths but where everyone will decide him or
        herself what they want to believe or how they want to worship, what is
        moral and what is not, each person being his own tree of the knowledge
        of good and evil.

        Although I know that Fatima will never be corrupted by "pluralism",
        Masons, or the Antichrist, someone will have to answer as to why they
        allowed Father Dupuis to speak at this conference.

        The Cardinal of Lisbon should also explain what he meant by "Sister
        Lucy is no longer a point of reference today since we have such a good
        one in the Second Vatican Council".
        ROME - FATIMA WILL NOT BECOME A MULTI-FAITH SHRINE
        Archbishop Michael Fitzgerald, President of the Pontifical Council for
        Inter-Religious Dialogue, told The Universe, a Catholic paper in
        England, that Fatima would definitely remain Catholic. "There is no
        question of the Fatima sanctuary becoming an inter-faith pilgrimage
        center. This is a place of prayer centered on Our Lady, and everyone
        is welcome."
        I have been here in Fatima for three years and I have seen Moslems,
        Hindus, Buddhists, Orthodox and Protestants come here to see what we
        Catholics love and reverence but this does not mean that it is
        anything other than totally Catholic.

        The vast resources of Fatima may be used "where different religions
        can mingle" and dialogue but I find no problem with this providing
        that we dialogue to truth and I "Trust" that Our Lady of Fatima will
        use this to convert many to the faith.
        As Archbishop Fitzgerald said "there were no practical conclusions"
        arising from the meeting. "It's not going to change the nature of the
        sanctuary."
        A NEW STADIUM LIKE BASILICA
        Regarding the new stadium-like basilica about to be erected, this will
        not effect the shrine in any way. It will be mostly underground and
        none of the existing Shrine or Basilica will change in any way. It
        will be built on the south side of the Shrine in what is now open
        ground between the Pope Paul VI Center and the south wall of the Shrine.
        Those of us who live here in Fatima see this as both needed and at the
        same time too modern. It is needed in that the Basilica is way to
        small for even the crowds on Sunday from November through April, the
        slowest time of the year. Sunday is the only day of the week that I
        do not go to the Shine for Mass, simply because I cannot get inside
        even to receive Holy Communion. There is no way to expand the old
        Basilica enough to accommodate the 20% annual growth of Fatima.
        Therefore the Rector opted to build a second one without touching the
        Shine built in 1921 or the Basilica built in 1951. And to not disrupt
        the existing shine, most of the new Basilica will be built
        underground. When completed it will hardly be noticed by the pilgrims
        but will be mostly used by those of us who live here, for conferences
        and for Mass in bad weather.
        The fact that the interior is modern (meaning that function takes
        precedence over beauty) offends me, but that is personal to each and
        every person. I leave that to God and Our Lady if they approve or
        not. It they do not, it will not be blessed in the way the Shrine has
        been blessed over so many years.
        However, those who fight against this are making too big a deal out of
        nothing.
        NEW DOCUMENT FROM VATICAN

        Another conference almost identical to the one held here in Fatima in
        October was just held in Buenos Aires. Archbishop Michael Fitzgerald,
        president of the Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue,
        revealed in Argentina that the Holy See is preparing a new document on
        the spiritual dimension of inter-religious dialogue.

        Dialogue with believers of other religions "is not a hobby or an extra
        activity but a duty within the mission of the Church," Archbishop
        Michael Fitzgerald said. "The problem that arises is how to
        reconcile dialogue as part of the mission of the Church with Jesus'
        mandate to go out and preach."

        The archbishop said this to the representatives of the Jews, Muslims,
        Buddhists, Hindus, Anglicans, Methodists, evangelical Baptists,
        Waldensians, and others, at the headquarters of the Argentine Catholic
        bishops' conference. "The Church must dialogue and proclaim, two
        tasks that are different but not opposed," the British archbishop
        said. "We must discover what the Spirit wants from that dialogue."

        This is very different than what is said about the Fatima Conference.
        The archbishop revealed that the finishing touches are being given
        to the new document on the spiritual dimension of dialogue. He said
        the text will address the reasons for engaging in and maintaining
        dialogue.

        WHO WE ASSOCIATE WITH

        Knowing that Rome will not let Fatima become an interfaith shrine does
        not take away from the fact that speakers at this conference were
        allowed to quote heretics like Father Edward Schillebeeckx or have
        speakers speak out against the Catholic faith or to say that "Sister
        Lucy is no longer a point of reference". I will be asking these
        questions in Fatima to whosoever will talk with me until I get some
        answers. In the mean time this is not the last Newsletter on this
        subject you can be assured.

        Sorry for taking so long to write about this but as you can see
        answers are not easy to get here.

        Richard P. Salbato
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2004
          <thomas_the_lesser@y...> wrote:
          > The construction of the syncretist New One World Religion
          continues.
          > JPII believes that all religions were started by God ...

          I find myself in agreement with Thomas. Alas, I have neither the time
          (nor motivation) to research and site sources for Thomas' post,
          however, my experiences since the Second Vatican Council support his
          statements.

          John Crowley, MA,MSW
          SubtleMD@...