Introduction

  • James Miguez
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2002
      Hello Everyone,

      My name is James Miguez.

      I am starting a list for the discussion and study of
      the various positions held by thomism. The course of study will cover the years
      from the first disciples of Aquinas, Giles of Rome and
      Thomas of Sutton, to the various shades of Thomism
      held today.

      The purpose of this list is to understand and to
      increase our knowledge of the rich history and
      development of thomism and also to prospect its relation
      to contemporary issues in the field of philosophy and
      the cognative sciences.

      At the very least I will post a series of briefs from the history
      of thomism and endeavor also to answer or at least assist
      the questioner in any inquiry into a particular school
      of thomism or any interpretation taken from the text of
      St. Thomas.

      Feel free to ask any question concerning thomism, if I
      can be of any help.

      I see the list as starting off slow and hopefully progressing in activity as time goes on.

      Sincerely,

      James Miguez

      http://sports.yahoo.com
    • Iya Osoronga
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2004

        I am delighted to becoming part of this Internet family. The angelic doctor happens to be a stimulation for me in in my catholic intellectual quest. He had not ceased to be so. It is my deep-held conviction that this forum would consolidate this stimulation and strengthen this quest. I love, let me frankly declare, intellectual exchanges.

        Damola Awoyokun

        Associate Scholar

        AllyNee academy

        Ibadan, Nigeria.

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • jamesmiguez
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2004
          --- In thomism@yahoogroups.com, Iya Osoronga <osoronga@y...> wrote:

          > I am delighted to becoming part of this Internet family. The angelic
          doctor happens to be a stimulation for me in in my catholic
          intellectual quest. He had not ceased to be so. It is my deep-held
          conviction that this forum would consolidate this stimulation and
          strengthen this quest. I love, let me frankly declare, intellectual
          exchanges.

          Welcome to the list, Damola. St. Thomas Aquinas, the great saint and
          medieval philosopher and theologian, Doctor of the Church, is still a
          sound and relevant guide to truth and facts of reality. The
          Aristotelean framework of physics that he drew on is obsolete, of
          course but the four causes are the ultimate way to knowledge, and
          especially the understanding of actuality in an essential and
          existential manner.

          Truth is real, it is known by the intellect in an immaterial way, a
          universal manner, but through an individual experience.

          James