Canada Update - SPACE - Dr Who Planet Of The Dead NOT Airing June 20

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21 9:10 AM
      For weeks, it has been reported by many people (myself included) that the SPACE Channel in Canada would air the Easter 2009 Doctor Who Special "Planet Of The Dead" on Saturday June 20 at 9:30PM Eastern (6:30PM Pacific). It turns out we were mistaken.

      Steven from Radio Free Skaro noticed that SPACE put up a Who-less schedule for June 20. An e-mail to SPACE's feedback department later, and we have the current facts.

      --------
      May 21, 2009 03:58:31 PM, feedback@... wrote:

      Hi Benjamin,
      The Doctor Who Planet of the Dead will not be airing until a bit later
      this summer, but this has not been confirmed. It will NOT be airing June
      20,(not sure where that date came from), but we will release the firm
      date in a couple of weeks. I can't wait either, and would love it if we
      could air it sooner.

      Keep in mind, we will be broadcasting the whole special online, for a
      7-day post-broadcast catch-up window, in case you can't make the live
      airing.
      ---------

      So, everybody can take June 20 off their calendars. False alarm. Hopefully the correct date will propagate once we have one.

      Regards,
      Benjamin Elliott - This Week In Doctor Who
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho