Fw: Please Read: Yahoo Groups USer Marketing Profiles Changed

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2002
      Apologies for the completely off-topic post, but it seems Yahoo Groups did
      something very short sighted.

      When they were offline a weekend or two back, they changed everyone's
      default settings regarding Yahoo notices and ads (as most people would
      consider them - "spam"). In addition to signing every single person with a
      yahoo profile up for spam, they signed us up to send junk to us by US Mail
      and *BY TELEPHONE*!!! I have included a message from Lee Whiteside of the
      venerable SFTV mailing list telling how to change your settings back to
      before and protect you from the spam. Obviously, if there was any yahoo
      fluff you *wanted* to receive, read carefully to make certain you switch the
      right options.

      So, now I know why my group is losing members. Yahoo's changes are angering
      people. Grr.

      Benjamin F. Elliott
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho/
      http://www.topica.com/lists/twidwtalk/ - will be getting more active soon