This Week In Doctor Who - November 30, 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      "This can't be ... how it ends. Stop!" - 8th Doctor

      THIS WEEK IN DOCTOR WHO - November 30, 2001
      by Benjamin F. Elliott
      Vol 4, No 48
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho/

      As it goes to press, This Week In Doctor Who faces a threat the likes of
      which it has never faced before - bankruptcy court. Excite@home , who
      provides cable internet to 4 million subscribers in North America through
      various cable companies, has been in bankruptcy court for the last 2 months.
      They have asked the court for permission to discontinue their internet
      service, and the court ruling is expected today. If they are allowed to
      cease to exist at this point, many of those subscribers (possibly including
      myself) will be without internet service - indefinitely.

      It's a fluid situation and we won't know how it will turn out until it is
      too late to do anything about it. Excite made certain cable companies sign
      exclusive contracts through June 2002, so there is a lack of backup plans
      ready. I personally hope the judge in the case makes excite stay in business
      until the various companies have time to transfer everyone off that system
      without loss of service. But it could be a vain hope.

      As a precaution, I have contacted Jefferson Eng (regular backup editor -
      alas, also an @home subscriber) and Jason Fraser (Australian Doctor Who fan
      who's not an @home subscriber). If excite@home ceases to exist, Jason (and
      Jefferson if he gets back online) will take charge of the
      thisweekindoctorwho yahoogroup and produce the column until I can get back
      on the net.

      Additions and corrections are welcome at bfelliott@... ,
      bfelliott3 on AOL IM, or thebfe on Yahoo! Messenger - if I'm still here. And
      now, the listings:

      I'd write story descriptions, but if @home is your internet provider, you
      probably want to read today's column as fast as you can, while you know you
      have access.

      RADIO:

      BBC Radio 3 http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/
      Realplayer High http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/ram/r3g2.ram
      Realplayer Medium http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/ram/fmv5.ram
      BBC Radio 3 is also testing out streaming with Windows Media Player. The
      Player won't let me see the direct links, so you will have to go to Radio
      3's site and link from there.
      Sat 9:50-10:45PM GMT (4:50-5:45PM EST, 1:50-2:45PM PST, Sun 8:50-9:45AM
      AEDT) "Regenerations"
      Regenerations is a BBC Radio 3 Drama. Tom Baker and Sophie Aldred play
      themselves at a Doctor Who convention. But strange things are happening at
      the convention. Should be a fun play to listen to, if you still have an
      internet connection.

      WSBR 740AM West Palm Beach, FL http://www.scifiradioguy.com/
      Fri 11PM EST "Interstellar Transmissions" sci-fi news/talk show
      Joey Reynolds' weekly radio show returns after a several month hiatus on a
      new station which can be heard in much more of Florida. No audio stream for
      this station.

      TV:

      UK:

      Sat 9:10-11AM GMT "The Mark Of The Rani" movie
      Sat 8:10-11AM GMT "The Two Doctors" movie

      EUROPE/AFRICA/ASIA:

      BBC Prime http://www.bbcprime.com/
      Late Fri 12:30AM, Sat 4PM CET "Vengeance On Varos" 4 pt version, ep 3
      Sat 4:25PM, Late Sun 12:30AM CET "Vengeance On Varos" 4 pt version, ep 4
      Wed Noon CET "The Mark Of The Rani" 4 pt version, ep 1
      Thu Noon CET "The Mark Of The Rani" 4 pt version, ep 2

      AUSTRALIA:

      UKTV http://www.varos.com/drwho/uktv/ http://www.uktv.com.au/
      Sun 7AM, Late Sun 1AM AEDT "Arc Of Infinity" all 4 eps
      Mon 11:45PM AEDT "Vengeance On Varos" ep 2 of 2 (45 minute episode)
      Tue-Wed 11:30PM AEDT "The Mark Of The Rani" eps 1 - 2 of 2 (45 minute
      episodes)
      Thu-Fri 11:30PM AEDT "The Two Doctors" eps 1 - 2 of 3 (45 minute episodes)
      Savor those weekday airings while you can. Weekday airings are being
      suspended after 14 December (conclusion of Revelation Of The Daleks).
      Weekend airings are continuing. It is unknown if this is a permanent change
      or merely a way for the weekend airings to catch up.

      CANADA:

      BBC Kids http://www.bbckids.ca/
      Weeknights 7:30PM, 10:30PM, 2AM, 4AM EST (4:30PM, 7:30PM, 11PM, 1AM PST)
      Fri "Revenge Of The Cybermen" ep 4 of 4
      Mon-Thu "Terror Of The Zygons" eps 1 - 4 of 4
      Fri "Planet Of Evil" ep 1 of 4

      USA:

      NHPTV New Hampshire 11,49,52 http://www.nhptv.org/
      Late Sat 1AM EST "The Keeper Of Traken" eps 3+4 of 4
      Lat Thu 12:30AM EST "Logopolis" eps 1+2 of 4

      WQED/WQEX 13,16 Pittsburgh, PA http://www.wqed.org/
      Pre-empted by pledge specials. Returns December 15.

      WYBE 35 Philadelphia, PA http://www.wybe.org/
      Sat 4AM+5:30PM EST "The Curse Of Fenric" eps 2+3 of 4
      Sat 11PM EST "The Curse Of Fenric" ep 4 of 4
      Sat 11:30PM EST "Survival" ep 1of 3

      MPT Maryland 22,28,31,36,62,67 http://www.mpt.org/
      Late Sat 12:15AM EST "The Daemons" movie

      WCET 48 Cincinnati, OH http://www.wcet.org/
      Pre-empted by pledge specials. Returns December 15.

      WYIN 56 Gary, IN (Chicago, IL) http://www.chicagowho.com/
      Pre-empted by pledge specials, again. Returns December 15.

      WILL 12 Urbana, IL http://www.will.uiuc.edu/
      Sat 11:35PM CST "The Deadly Assassin" ep 1 of 4

      TPT St. Paul, MN http://www.tpt.org/
      analog KTCA 2, digital KTCI-DT 16-5 (2-5)
      Pre-empted by pledge specials. Returns December 15.

      IPTV Iowa http://www.sffn.com/ http://www.iptv.org/
      analog 11,12,21,24,27,32,32,36 digital KDIN-DT 50 Des Moines
      Sat 11:35PM CST "Enlightenment" eps 1+2 of 4

      KERA/K24AD Dallas/Wichita Falls, TX http://www.kera.org/
      analog 13,24 digital KERA-DT 14
      Fri 11:50PM CST "Day Of The Daleks" eps 1+2 of 4

      KBDI/K32EO 12,32 Denver/Colorado Springs, CO http://www.kbdi.org/
      Pre-empted by pledge specials. Returns December 22.

      KUED/KUES Salt Lake City/Richfield, UT http://www.kued.org/
      analog 7,39 digital KUED-DT 42 Salt Lake City
      Sat 11PM MST "The Invasion Of Time" ep 3 of 6

      KBTC/KCKA/K65BU 28,15,65 Tacoma/Centralia/Gray's River, WA
      http://www.kbtc.org/
      Sat 6PM, Late Sat 12:30AM PST "Warriors' Gate" eps 3+4 of 4
      Sat 7:15PM PST "The Tomb Of The Cybermen" all 4 eps
      Sat 9:45PM PST "K9 & Company" 1981 pilot for spinoff series
      Times are approximate.

      KTEH 54 San Jose, CA http://www.kteh.org/
      Late Sun Mid PST "Colony In Space" eps 4,5,+6 of 6

      Thanks for reading. Until next time, take care.

      Doctor Who is a BBC Trademark. Copyright 2001.

      This could be the last edition I can write for some time. Or I could be back
      next week with no apparent disruption. So, I'll just have my eyes bulge,
      zoom in at the computer screen, do a bit of gurning, and we'll call it a
      Trial Of A Time Lord style cliffhanger. Cheers. ;->