Alert To Thisweekindoctorwho Subscribers

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2007
      One subscriber to the mailing list has voiced his concern about
      the inclusion of Torchwood This Week in the This Week In Doctor Who
      mailing list. While I do not agree with the conclusions of the
      subscriber, I have taken the opportunity to find a way to provide an
      option for any other subscribers who might just want the This Week In
      Doctor Who column without Torchwood.
      Torchwood is a part of the Doctor Who universe, so the broadcast
      times for Torchwood are relevant just like the broadcast times for
      Doctor Who and Sarah Jane Adventures. I am trying to chronicle all TV
      broadcasts of the Doctor Who universe. The This Week In Doctor Who
      mailing list would be deficient without coverage of Torchwood.
      The reasons the Torchwood listings are in a seperate column are
      that 1) it will be a logistical nightmare to keep Who and Torchwood
      straight in the same publication once Torchwood is airing all over
      the world and 2) Torchwood's content is aimed at adults and not
      appropriate for a notable portion of the Doctor Who audience.
      For readers of This Week In Doctor Who who do not want the
      Torchwood listings, change your subscriber setting to "Special
      Notices". As of February 21, all future editions of This Week In
      Doctor Who will go out as Special Notices while Torchwood This Week
      will not. This will screen out Torchwood for those who do not want it.
      Thanks for your attention. Now back to getting the information
      ready on those PBS stations before the syndication launch next week.

      Benjamin Elliott - This Week In Doctor Who