Iowa Public TV Acquires New Doctor Who Series
- Iowa Public TV http://www.iptv.org announced Wednesday in a press release
http://www.iptv.org/iptv_news_detail.cfm?AnnouncementID=403 that they will
begin airing the Christopher Eccleston Doctor Who episodes in March, the 8th
public TV station in the US (2nd statewide broadcaster) to either announce
or reveal the news in upcoming TV schedules.
Public TV stations are allowed to buy the new Doctor Who as a one hour
block - the original unedited episodes plus the corresponding Doctor Who
Confidential CutDown documentary. At this time the package consists of the
13 Christopher Eccleston episodes that premiered in the UK in 2005 and aired
(some of them edited) on the US SciFi Channel in 2006. Most stations are
starting their run of episodes in March or April 2007.
IPTV will have a preview night on March 10 at 10PM CST as part of their
Festival programming. Regular episodes will air Saturdays at 11:05PM CDT
starting March 24, with repeats Sundays at 6PM CDT starting March 25.
IPTV will continue airing the classic Doctor Who episodes if pledge support
continues for them. Their press release did not note what day/time those
episodes would move to.
Here is the current list of stations that are airing the new series. If you
know of a station that is not on this list, let me know:
1) WLIW 21 New York City, NY - premieres Wednesday March 7 10PM EST -
regular time slot unknown
2) WTTW 11 Chicago, IL
3) KTEH/KCAH 54,25 San Jose/Watsonville, CA - premieres Tuesday April 10
4) KBTC/KCKA 28,15 Tacoma/Centralia, WA
5) WCET 48 Cincinnati, OH - will air on Thursdays
6) Iowa Public TV - preview March 10 10PM CST, regular 11:05PM Saturdays and
7) WILL 12 Champaign-Urbana, IL - preview March 3 6PM CST, regular 6PM
Sundays and 10:25PM Saturdays
8) Idaho Public TV - preview March 10 10PM MST, regular 11PM MDT Saturdays
Benjamin Elliott - This Week In Doctor Who