WCET 48 Cincinnati, OH - New Doctor Who Thursdays in Spring 2007

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2006
      WCET 48 http://www.wcet.org Cincinnati, OH has issued a press release
      regarding their purchase of the new Doctor Who. It will air on
      Thursday nights starting in Spring 2007. If any other stations have
      purchased the show and wish to publicize the fact to potential
      viewers, let the TWIDW list know.

      WCET - analog channel 48, digital channel 34
      DirecTV channel 48, 909
      Dish Network channel 48, 8356

      FOR IMMEDATE RELEASE
      For more information please contact
      Brian R. Snape
      CET Promotions
      513-345-6578
      brian_snape@...

      New Doctor Who Series Coming to CET

      Fantastic news for local Whovians!

      CET, Greater Cincinnati PBS and much more, has purchased the first
      series
      of the new Doctor Who. Starting Thursday nights in Spring, 2007,
      Doctor
      Who fans will be able to see the Ninth Doctor travel through time and
      space.

      Currently airing in the United Kingdom, Doctor Who is an energizing
      update
      on the classic series that ran on the BBC from 1963 through 1989.
      Christopher Eccleston, the ninth actor to play the Doctor in the
      series,
      fights evil and rights wrongs across the universe with his traveling
      companion, Rose Tyler (played by Billie Piper).

      "We're pleased to be bringing more Doctor Who to CET," said Grace
      Hill,
      CET Programming Director. "This series has been a success worldwide,
      and
      we can't wait for the new series to come on our air."

      Starting airdates will be forthcoming. Viewers can subscribe to CET's
      e-newletter, Connections, at CETconnect.org to receive more
      information
      about Doctor Who and its broadcast schedule on CET.

      CET is Greater Cincinnati's leading provider of education and
      enrichment
      in both living rooms and classrooms, reaching more than 2 million
      residents, 470,000 students and 37,000 teachers. Through PBS and
      local
      programming, CETconnect.org, innovative multimedia curriculum
      projects,
      parent workshops and professional development for teachers, CET
      positively
      impacts our community with rich and diverse resources. CET was the
      first
      licensed educational television station in the nation, the first
      high-definition public station in Ohio, and, through CETconnect.org,
      the
      first and only public television station to offer a community-based
      public
      media on-demand service. For more information about CET, visit
      www.cetconnect.org.
      # # #