This Week In Doctor Who - September 28, 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2001
      THIS WEEK IN DOCTOR WHO - September 28, 2001
      by Benjamin F. Elliott
      Vol 4, No 39
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho/

      KUED-DT 42 Salt Lake City, UT has gone on the air in the past week. Assuming
      they will simulcast their analog schedule, Doctor Who should be airing on
      KUED-DT beginning this weekend. Other than that, it looks like a quiet week.
      Famous last words ...

      Additions and corrections are welcome at bfelliott@... ,
      bfelliott@... , BFElliott3 on AOL IM, or thebfe on Yahoo!
      Messenger. And now, the listings:

      UK:

      UK Gold http://sceneone.co.uk/s1/tv/listings
      Sat 9:05-11AM BST "Earthshock" movie
      '2512 A.D. - 2:25PM.
      'We got a call at the station reporting that a military expedition had
      disappeared inside some caves. A shimmer appears on the scanner, and then
      the life signs disappear. A few name badges have since been found in goo
      believed to be the remains of the scientists.
      'My name is Friday. Joe Friday. The 13th to hold that name. I'm a cop. And I
      haven't been assigned to this case. Bummer.'
      Sun 9:05-11AM BST "Time-Flight" movie
      '1983 A.D. - 42 minutes past Summer.
      'We got a call at the station reporting that Concorde jets had disappeared
      on the approach to Heathrow Airport which is laughably reported to be a
      London airport (give or take several dozen miles). Almost as far out of
      London as Gatwick is. Initial speculation is that the jets have been taken
      backwards millions of years in time. But I want the facts. Just the facts.
      'My name is Friday. Joe Friday, Jr. I'm a cop. Unfortunately, my superiors
      won't assign me to this case because it's a Tuesday. I hope my descendants
      don't have this kind of career trouble in the future.'

      EUROPE/AFRICA/ASIA:

      BBC Prime http://www.bbcprime.com/
      Late Fri 12:30AM, Sat 4PM CET "Planet Of Fire" ep 1 of 4
      Sat 4:25PM, Late Sun 12:30AM CET "Planet Of Fire" ep 2 of 4
      Wed Noon CET "Planet Of Fire" ep 3 of 4
      Thu Noon CET "Planet Of Fire" ep 4 of 4
      'Kamelion's Log - date - who darn cares, I certainly don't. I've been under
      contract since The Kings' Demons and I haven't had a single reappearance.
      20th anniversary - nope. Resurrection Of The Daleks - where an android would
      have an excellent perspective on the situation - nope. I even had an actual
      scene in The Awakening - so they CUT it, and lost the footage so it can
      never appear on a DVD! That does it. I'm back, and I'm nasty! Bwa-ha-ha!
      Now, how can an android grow a beard of evil?'

      AUSTRALIA:

      UKTV http://www.varos.com/drwho/uktv/ http://www.uktv.com.au/
      Sun 7AM, Late Sun 1AM AEST "Warriors' Gate" all 4 eps
      Trapped in E-Space, Romana, K-9, Adric, and the Doctor continue to search
      for a way back to the real universe. This time, they find a gateway between
      dimensions, which is under inadvertent attack by a ship designed with Dwarf
      Star Alloy, perhaps the heaviest weighing alloy in the universe. Can the
      gateway survive the gravity?
      Mon-Tue 11:30PM AEST "Snakedance" eps 3 - 4 of 4
      A mind-controlled Tegan carries out the will of the Mara as it plans to
      return to conquer its home planet. To find out how to defeat the Mara, the
      5th Doctor may have to risk being poisoned by a snake bite.
      Wed-Fri 11:30PM AEST "Mawdryn Undead" eps 1 - 3 of 4
      Years ago the 4th Doctor frustrated the efforts of the Black Guardian to
      control the Key To Time. This is the story of his revenge. An alien trapped
      at Earth attending a boarding school is offered a ticket off the planet. All
      he has to do is kill the 5th Doctor. But with Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
      (retired) hanging around, and an alien spaceship near the planet, there
      might not be time to focus on the main mission.

      USA:

      NHPTV New Hampshire 11,49,52 http://www.nhptv.org/
      Late Sat Mid EDT "Meglos" eps 1+2 of 4
      Late Thu Mid EDT "Meglos" eps 3+4 of 4
      A planet facing catastrophe calls for the Doctor to help fix their power
      source and save them from destruction. Normally a good plan. Unfortunately,
      the Doctor has been yanked out of time and trapped in a Chronic Hysteresis
      (a time loop with a flashier name). The good news - another "Doctor" is on
      his way to solve the problem. The bad news - this one is an imposter and a
      thief? It's the old "trap them in a hysteresis, impersonate the Doctor's
      body, steal the Dodecahedron" trick.

      WQED/WQEX 13,16 Pittsburgh, PA http://www.wqed.org/
      Sat 11:30PM EDT "State Of Decay" eps 1+2 of 4
      Some people visit the Garden State. Some visit the Peach State. The Doctor
      and Romana are visiting the State ... of Decay.

      WYBE 35 Philadelphia, PA http://www.wybe.org/
      Sat 4AM+5:30PM EDT "The Happiness Patrol" eps 1+2 of 3
      Sat 11PM EDT "The Happiness Patrol" ep 3 of 3
      Ace faces her least appealing suitor to date - Fifi.
      Sat 11:30PM EDT "Silver Nemesis" ep 1 of 3
      Lady Peinforte and her manservant use a spell to travel from 1638 to 1988 to
      capture a comet called Nemesis. Slight problem - bumbling Neo-Nazis and a
      force from outer space want Nemesis as well. Come to think of it, the 7th
      Doctor and Ace are also fairly interested in the comet, as are the police.
      Popular comet, for something blamed for causing terror every 25 years when
      it passes Earth.

      MPT Maryland 22,28,31,36,62,67 http://www.mpt.org/
      Late Sat 12:15AM EDT "The War Games" movie, pt 2 of 2 (2 hour broadcast)
      The 2nd Doctor (Patrick Troughton) is faced with a terrible dilemma. He
      cannot outwit the masterminds behind the games of war by himself. But if he
      calls in the people who can save the day, it could well mean the end of his
      freedom to travel through time and space. *Viewer advisory - if setting the
      VCR, set it for 2 hours. I know the TV Guide says 1 hour, 45 minutes. TV
      Guide always says this when MPT airs this particular segment of Doctor Who,
      and they are always wrong.*

      WCET 48 Cincinnati, OH http://www.wcet.org/
      Sat 11PM EDT "City Of Death" eps 2+3 of 4
      The last time the Doctor visited Paris, the Catholic Government decided to
      wipe out the Huguenot Protestants, and the streets were filled with blood.
      Now he's only up against one being, but this joker wants to wipe out all of
      human history for his own convenience. Better not let this one succeed, or
      there won't be any streets for blood to run in. Or any blood. Or any royalty
      checks for the writer, Douglas Adams, who was cleverly pretending to be
      David Agnew.

      WYIN 56 Gary, IN (Chicago, IL) http://www.wyin.org/
      http://www.chicagowho.com/
      Sat 10PM CDT "State Of Decay" eps 1+2 of 4
      See WQED/WQEX for details.

      WILL 12 Urbana, IL http://www.will.uiuc.edu/
      Sat 11:35PM CDT "The Seeds Of Doom" ep 6 of 6
      The Krynoid prepares to give birth to its children, who will wipe out
      humanity, take over the planet, and send out their kids through the galaxy.
      I wonder if the Krynoid is a relative of the Animus from "The Web Planet"?

      TPT St. Paul, MN http://www.tpt.org/
      analog KTCA 2, digital KTCI-DT 16-5 (2-5)
      Sat 11:30PM, Sun 5:30AM CDT "Destiny Of The Daleks" ep 2 of 4
      Who do the Movellans and the Daleks seek? Who could be valuable enough to
      return to Skaro for? And how will Romana escape mortal peril with the
      Daleks - other than dying?

      IPTV Iowa http://www.sffn.com/ http://www.iptv.org/
      analog 11,12,21,24,27,32,32,36
      digital KDIN-DT 50 Des Moines area
      Fri 11:05PM CDT "Time-Flight" eps 3+4 of 4
      See UK Gold for details.

      PPTV North Dakota 2,3,4,6,9,13,19 http://www.pptv.org/
      Fri 10:30PM CDT (9:30PM MDT) "Nightmare Of Eden" ep 3 of 4
      The 4th Doctor is fingered as the drug dealer, while Romana makes an
      alarming discovery about the CET machine and its electronic zoo.

      KERA Dallas, TX http://www.kera.org/
      analog 13, digital 14
      Fri 11:50PM CDT "The Mind Of Evil" eps 4+5 of 6
      Only survives in Black & White. Jo Grant leads the guards in a prison break.
      Hmm. Traditionally, one would assume that prison guards would have more
      experience in planning how such a thing would be done than someone who
      failed A-level science. But to be fair, if she's the only one who'll come up
      with a plan ...

      KBDI/K32EO 12,32 Denver/Colorado Springs, CO http://www.kbdi.org/
      Pre-empted by pledge specials originally intended for 2 weeks ago.

      KUED/KUES Salt Lake City/Richfield, UT http://www.kued.org/
      analog 7,19, digital KUED-DT 42 Salt Lake City area
      Sat 11PM, Late Sat 12:30AM MDT "Image Of The Fendahl" ep 2 of 4
      Dr. Fendalman decides to cover up a murder. Thea begins to find the skull
      attracting her attention.

      KBTC/KCKA/K65BU 28,15,65 Tacoma/Centralia/Gray's River, WA
      http://www.kbtc.org/
      Sat 7PM, Late Sat 12:30AM PDT "The Leisure Hive" eps 1+2 of 4
      High on K-9's list of reccommended vacation spots is the Leisure Hive, built
      by the Argolins on the remains of their planet after a devastating war. A
      new science is being developed there, as are multiple plans for evil.

      KTEH 54 San Jose, CA http://www.kteh.org/
      Sun 11:30PM PDT "Inferno" ep 7 of 7
      One Earth has already been destroyed. Is there time to save the other one
      from the terror of breaking into the core of the world?
      Sun 11:55PM PDT "Terror Of The Autons" ep 1 of 4
      Color-restored version. A classic moment in television - the Master (Roger
      Delgado) makes his first appearance. Evil has never been so charming.

      Thanks for reading. Until next week, take care.

      Doctor Who is a BBC Trademark. Copyright 2001.