TWIDW Update 8/10B - BBC Kids Canada Fall 2006 Series 2 Tie-In Programming

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2006
      Canadian Digital Cable/Satellite network BBC Kids is adjusting its weekend
      Doctor Who schedule this fall to tie into Series 2 of the new Doctor Who on
      CBC TV.

      Part of the programming plans include the BBC Kids' premiere of the 5th
      Doctor story "Earthshock" and the 1981 pilot "K9 & Company: A Girl's Best
      Friend". Doctor Who continues to air 7 days a week at 2AM Eastern/11PM
      Pacific/3:30AM Newfoundland.

      Here's the press release from Peter Hill of BBC Kids:
      -------------------------
      I have some news about planned Doctor Who broadcasts in the Fall on BBCK.
      BBCK is the nightly alternative environment on BBC Kids, beginning every
      night at 9:00pm ET. Doctor Who will continue to run during the Fall seasons
      at 2:00am with 2 episodes broadcast on weeknights and complete stories on
      weekend runs (up to 4 episodes - stories greater than 4 episodes will
      continue to be split across 2 nights).
      First of all, BBCK is happy to announce that we have acquired the Peter
      Davison story "Earthshock", which had previously been unavailable, and the
      one-off K9 spin-off "K9 & Company: A Girl's Best Friend".

      Also, leading up to the return of classic companions Sarah Jane Smith & K9
      in the second series of the new Doctor Who airing on CBC this Fall, BBCK is
      proud to present a Companions Special during our weekend broadcasts:

      Saturday, September 30th - "The Time Warrior" (4 x 30') - First Sarah Jane
      Smith story.
      Sunday, October 1st - "The Ark In Space" (4 x 30') - Sarah Jane
      Saturday, October 7th - "Terror Of The Zygons" (4 x 30') - Sarah Jane
      Sunday, October 8th - "Pyramids of Mars" (4 x 30') - Sarah Jane
      Saturday, October 14th - "The Android Invasion" (4 x 30') - Sarah Jane
      Sunday, October 15th - "The Hand of Fear" (4 x 30') - Sarah Jane's last
      story. and the Doctor leaves Sarah Jane. in Croydon?

      Saturday, October 21st - "The Invisible Enemy" (4 x 30') - The Doctor meets
      K9!
      Sunday, October 22nd - "K9 & Company" (1 x 50') - Sarah Jane and K9 unite to
      solve a mystery in this one-off special. BBC Kids premiere!

      Then, following this special, and in anticipation of the return of the
      Cybermen in the second series of the new Doctor Who airing on CBC this Fall,
      BBCK is proud to present the following Cybermen special:

      Saturday, October 28th - "Revenge of the Cybermen" (4 x 30')
      Sunday, October 29th - "Earthshock" (4 x 30') - BBC Kids premiere!
      Saturday, November 4th - "Attack of the Cybermen" (4 x 30')
      Sunday, November 5th - "Silver Nemesis" (3 x 30')

      Our weekday rotation of stories will continue uninterrupted. Our weekend
      specials will begin following the completion of "Caves of Androzani" which
      closes out the Davison era on Sunday, September 24th. We will resume our
      regular weekend rotation with "The Twin Dilemma" which kicks off the Colin
      Baker era on Saturday, November 11th and "Vengeance on Varos" on Sunday,
      November 12th. As the Colin Baker story "Attack of the Cybermen" is running
      on November 4th, we will skip this story as part of the Colin Baker rotation
      for this time only.

      Peter Hill
      Program Manager
      BBC CANADA, BBC Kids & Discovery Health Channel