TWIDW Supplemental - May 30, 2006

  • JEFFERSON ENG
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2006
      Hey all,

      I hope that many of our American readers were able to
      enjoy the nice extended weekend for the Memorial Day
      Holiday and are comfortable settling back into the
      work week. I'm going to try to make this brief and
      hopefully be able to expand on this a little for
      tomorrow's edition.

      First of all, Doctor Who Series 1 (Season 27) with
      Christopher Eccleston is returning to Canadian
      broadcast TV tonight. It'll air beginning at 8PM on
      the French Canadian channel, Canal Z or Ztélé (Cable
      683 on Rogers), dubbed into French with the first
      episode, "Rose". There are same week repeats for
      scheduled for Saturday mornings at 8AM and late
      Sundays at 3AM. Also on the same channel, the 1996 TV
      movie with Paul McGann will make an appearance next
      Saturday at 9PM. I believe this is the first time the
      TV movie will be shown on a exclusively Canadian
      broadcaster.

      Next, Hungarian TV viewers have another chance to see
      series 1 again as Cool TV is now repeating it on
      Fridays at 11:15PM CET. This week's episode is "The
      Unquiet Dead".

      Finally, there's a relatively new US-based internet to
      TV DVR service called Akimbo which requires its own
      special hardware and media center setup. Currently,
      they offer some programming including Doctor Who,
      although it appears they're only offering "The Deadly
      Assassin" (Tom Baker) via their service at this time.
      It's probably worth looking into, if you want to
      integate your TV/sound setup with an internet DVR
      service. More info can be found at
      http://www.akimbo.com and
      http://my.akimbo.com/program.aspx?pid=dc0e56fa17d470b8

      That's it for now.