TWIDW Status - 9/13

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2001
      This Week In Doctor Who will go out as usual tomorrow morning - Friday
      September 14. However, with the understandable chaos caused by the terrorism
      here in the US on Tuesday, TV stations - including PBS stations - have been
      dumping, moving, and rescheduling shows at an incredibly rapid pace, which
      their online departments have not been able to keep pace with. Shows have
      been bumped to make room for news or due to content issues. Old TV shows
      have also been used as emergency replacements for canceled programming.

      Looking at the original weekend Doctor Who scheduling info on station
      websites, several airings are prime targets for news pre-emptions, and at
      least one station has Timeflight (where a Concorde gets hijacked) set to
      air. It is safe to assume that some stations will change their plans for the
      Doctor.

      I don't want anyone reading this to e-mail their PBS station to try to find
      out if Doctor Who will be on or not. The people working at TV stations are
      no doubt swamped with other matters at the moment, and Doctor Who is not a
      high enough priority to disturb people out of the blue.

      But, if you work at a PBS station which normally airs Doctor Who, or have
      access to more up to date information than what is currently listed on
      station websites, and have the time to spare, I would appreciate it if you
      could alert me to any changes in schedules regarding the show that have
      occured. It's always nice to have accurate info in the TWIDW column, and
      fans looking for Doctor Who as escapism from recent events would probably be
      less annoyed to learn it was not on, or moved to a different time, then to
      tune in at the advertised time and have it not be there.

      Stations I have updated information for:
      KBDI/K32EO 12,32 Denver/Colorado Springs, Colorado
      KTEH 54 San Jose, California

      Stations I do not have updated information for as of 3:30PM EDT:
      New Hampshire Public Television
      WQED/WQEX 13,16 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
      WYBE 35 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      Maryland Public Television
      WCET 48 Cincinnati, Ohio
      WYIN 56 Gary, Indiana (Chicago, Illinois)
      WILL 12 Urbana, Illinois
      TPT 2 St. Paul, Minnesota (aka KTCA 2)
      Iowa Public Television
      Prairie Public Television
      KERA 13 Dallas, Texas
      KUED/KUES 7,19 Salt Lake City/Richfield, UT
      KBTC/KCKA/K65BU 28,15,65 Tacoma/Centralia/Gray's River, WA

      Benjamin F. Elliott
      This Week In Doctor Who