Russia Buys Doctor Who - Weekdays 4:30PM on STS TV From Monday 27 March!

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25 3:34 AM
      Russian TV station STS TV has bought Series 1 (and apparently Series
      2) of the new Doctor Who. Series 1 will air weekday afternoons at
      4:30PM starting this Monday, 27 March. Thank you to Oleg from Moscow
      for the news - didn't BBC Worldwide used to do press releases when
      countries bought the show?

      I don't know how STS handles the time zones in Russia.

      A weekday run may sound a tad unusual when they only have 13 episodes
      to play with right now (14 if they've gotten The Christmas Invasion),
      but they've handled western drama this way before (Babylon 5 was
      premiered in a weekday script if I remember the information in the
      Lurker's Guide correctly).

      If you can read Russian, you might check out STS' Doctor Who mini-
      website - http://www.ctc-tv.ru/series/DoctorWho .

      We are on the lookout for more cases of Doctor Who premiering in
      countries, especially countries where the native language is not
      English and the launch could slip between the cracks. If it is coming
      to your area and you haven't seen the news splashed about online,
      there's a good chance that we don't know yet.

      Benjamin Elliott - This Week In Doctor Who
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho