Update: Doctor Who In Spain Starting 19 January

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2006
      Spanish Satellite TV viewers on the Digital Plus platform
      http://www.plus.es/codigo/default.asp will get Doctor Who on channel
      27 "People + Arts" starting Thursday 19 January. 1 new episode per
      week - each episode airs 7 times within a 48 hour period. Times are
      listed below. Spain is on Central European Time (CET, or GMT +1).

      Audio is listed as original, though it also claims to have versions
      Español and Inglés, which would indicate multiple audio options (or
      at least subtitle options).

      Episode 1 (Rose)
      Thursday 19 January - 10:30PM & 2:30AM CET
      Friday 20 January - 6:30AM & 3PM CET
      Saturday 21 January - 6AM, 2PM, & 9:30PM CET

      Episode 2 (The End Of The World)
      Thursday 26 January - 10:30PM & 2:30AM CET
      Friday 27 January - 6:30AM & 3PM CET
      Saturday 28 January - 6AM, 2PM, & 9:30PM CET

      The story description for both episodes appears to be the one for
      The Unquiet Dead (episode 3).

      Thanks to Outpost Gallifrey http://www.gallifreyone.com for the
      first alert on this broadcast. I expect we will see an increasing
      number of these small broadcasters picking up the show in various
      languages in the next few months without any fanfare from BBC
      Worldwide. If you notice that the show is airing (or preparing to
      air) on a broadcaster not noted in This Week In Doctor Who, it may
      have escaped attention. Please pass it on so the info can get out to
      potential viewers ASAP.

      Congratulations to Spain!

      Benjamin Elliott - This Week In Doctor Who
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho