TWIDW Update - Trains, Planes, And A Hungarian Broadcaster

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2005
      Over the last couple of days new Doctor Who broadcasters have come to
      light.

      1) Hungary - RTLKlub http://rtlklub.hu

      We already knew that a broadcaster in Hungary had purchased the
      series - we now have a name. The name of the broadcaster in Denmark
      that bought the series is still unknown.

      2) British Midland Airline - episode unknown

      Another airline to add to the list. This was spotted on a flight from
      Dulles Airport to Manchester. The flight arrived early so they did not
      get to Doctor Who, so we do not know which episode is airing right now.

      3) First Great Western Railway (Volo TV) -
      http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/atyourservice/volotv.php

      Volo TV on the First Great Western Railway in the UK is now offering a
      lot of TV programs to view. Most of the programs (The Prisoner, The
      Persuaders, etc) are several decades old, so it is possible that they
      will be offering older Doctor Who episodes instead of the 2005 series.
      We just don't know.

      4) Telewest Broadband

      Telewest Broadband is rolling out a video on demand service to their
      cable subscribers. It will allow viewers to see recent UK TV shows,
      allegedly including Doctor Who. It is coming out this month. If you
      have Telewest Broadband check when this rolls out in your area and
      let's verify what is happening.

      Benjamin Elliott
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho