TWIDW Update: WYBE Loses Doctor in March

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2005
      The slow demise of Doctor Who (original series) on public TV
      stations continues. A reader of the This Week column got this report
      from WYBE 35 Philadelphia, PA, a station that has aired the series
      since March 1999:

      ------------------
      Hi, I am sad to say that it is very true. As of March we are not
      able to air Doctor Who anymore;. They are trying to shop it around
      to commercial stations. We are sad to see it go.

      Joni C. Helton
      Director of Programming

      WYBE Public Television
      8200 Ridge Ave.
      Phila,Pa. 19128

      -------------------

      As of this writing, 5 public TV stations in the US are airing Doctor
      Who. The current status:

      1) WYBE 35 Philadelphia, PA - loses rights to Doctor Who as of March
      2) Maryland Public TV - Doctor Who scheduled through March, they
      don't know what will happen beyond yet
      3) WILL 12 Urbana, IL - dropping Doctor Who after February 26 by own
      choice
      4) Iowa Public TV - online schedule shows Doctor Who through
      February - no additional information
      5) KUED & Salt Lake City, UT - online schedule shows Doctor Who
      through February - no additional information

      Benjamin Elliott - This Week In Doctor Who