TWIDW Update 1/21/05 - WCET Update 2 - Doctor Who Ends Tomorrow

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2005
      Bad news in Cincinnati. WCET 48 Cincinnati, OH http://cetconnect.org
      The source at WCET who provided the news that Doctor Who was running
      through at least February has gotten an update. Colony In Space
      episodes 5 and 6 on January 22, 2005 is the end.

      "Grace Hill announced today that this Saturday will be the last
      episode of Doctor Who on CET.

      "Unfortunately, there's nothing that we as fans can do. The BBC
      pulled the license for the show in order to be able to sell the new
      series in America to the highest bidder (and it's not going to be
      PBS).

      "Since May 4th, 1985, I've watched the Doctor travel through time &
      space every Saturday night. Now, sadly, that's coming to an end.

      "Grace asked me if I was aware of any other series similar to Doctor
      Who. I mentioned, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "Red
      Dwarf", "Blake's 7", and "Tripods". Beginning February 12th, we'll
      air "Hitchhiker's...". After that, I'm not sure.

      "*sigh*"

      This has been a This Week In Doctor Who update.

      Benjamin F. Elliott
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho