TWIDW Update: No More Doctor Who Webcasts For A While

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16 4:38 AM
      The BBC's Doctor Who website http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho has
      announced that there will not be any further Doctor Who webcasts for the
      time being. In the past few years they have made 4 full length online Doctor
      Who productions.

      Death Comes To Time - 7th Doctor (not currently online)
      Real Time - 6th Doctor
      Shada - 8th Doctor (not currently online)
      The Scream Of The Shalka - Richard E. Grant in what was called at the time
      BBCi's official 9th Doctor

      Here's their story:

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/cult/news/drwho/2004/02/16/9472.shtml

      No more webcasts

      Shada is last webcast - for a while.
      Developments in the production of the TV series have had a knock-on effect
      for BBCi, and we've been asked to postpone developing future Doctor Who
      webcasts for the moment.
      Initially, the people behind the new series were keen for the animated
      adventures to continue in the run-up to the Doctor's return to TV, but
      recent developments have made that impossible. The reasons for this are all
      Very Good, one of them is Terribly Exciting... and we hope they'll become
      apparent in the next few weeks.

      Scream of the Shalka was a tremendous success and we'd love to do more
      webcasts - when the time is right, but sadly that's not right now.

      This may not be quite the last you read of the Richard E Grant Doctor -
      discussions are currently under way to publish an ebook that will tie up all
      the loose ends (Why is the Doctor so troubled? Who is he working for? Is
      that really the Master?). We're still waiting confirmation from The Powers
      That Be that this can go ahead, however.

      In the meantime, thanks to everyone who looked at Scream of the Shalka - and
      for your comments on it (both good and bad) - they'll be a huge help to us
      in future projects. More Doctor Who webcasts are planned - but not for a
      while.