Doctor Who On Polish TV

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2002
      Doctor Who is now on the air in Poland.

      Polish digital TV channel TELE 5 (not the German TELE 5, the Polish TELE 5)
      recently started airing Doctor Who weekend mornings at 9:30AM Central
      European Time. This Saturday, 8 June, episode 3 of Genesis Of The Daleks
      will air - dubbed in Polish.

      While the channel is digital, it is not encrypted. I can't tell from the
      info I got if you can pick it up over the air with an antenna, but you can
      get it for free on satellite. Here is the satellite info:

      ASTRA-satellite (orbital position: 19,2° East)
      10.832Ghz, horizontal, 27500Bytes

      http://www.wirtualnemedia.pl/tele5/index1.htm appears to be the website for
      this channel, though I'm still investigating and I don't know a word of
      Polish. Will announce in next week's TWIDW if there is a better site. Also,
      if anyone out there knows a good translator which converts Polish language
      websites to English, drop me an e-mail. The best known translator
      (Babelfish) does not currently have a Polish translating setup.

      If you spot Doctor Who on the air somewhere, and I haven't mentioned it in
      TWIDW, please let me know. Let's keep the column up to date for the whole
      world.

      Benjamin F. Elliott
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho/