      From: Oglesby Robyn robyn.oglesby@...
      Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:23:11 -0500
      To: thirdday@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [Third Day] poll on gay marriage

      <tt>
      I really haven't studied this issue so I don't know exactly what's at stake
      here. Can't they come up with a word other than "marriage" for gays? And
      then give them the same benefits such as insurance, taxes, etc? I think
      marriage is an "institution" for man/woman in the eyes of God. But I do
      agree with you on almost everything else.<BR>
      <BR>
      It's a simple thought but not simple to put into action and I'm sure that
      ins companies and the government do not want things to change for monetary
      reasons.   Just seems like there could be a way to be fair to gays without
      changing the "rules" of marriage. <BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>