5412RE: [Third Day] poll on gay marriage
- Jul 13, 2005I really haven't studied this issue so I don't know exactly what's at stake here. Can't they come up with a word other than "marriage" for gays? And then give them the same benefits such as insurance, taxes, etc? I think marriage is an "institution" for man/woman in the eyes of God. But I do agree with you on almost everything else.
It's a simple thought but not simple to put into action and I'm sure that ins companies and the government do not want things to change for monetary reasons. Just seems like there could be a way to be fair to gays without changing the "rules" of marriage.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]On Behalf Of Duncan Smith
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 3:39 PM
Subject: [Third Day] poll on gay marriage
Miriam (aka myhopeizyou@ um, i forget the domain), you didn't give a
reason for opposing gay marriage. Please go ahead and post your reason
to the list when you get a chance. Now, I have voted in favour, and
this is the reason. Restricting the right of homosexuals to marry will
not "cure" them, it will not help them see the "error" of their ways.
It is a hindrance upon their rights and freedoms, and it is a stain on
the Bible that conservative Christians in government both in Canada and
the United States use the Bible as a way of restricting those whom they
abhor. Just because we may have legalized gay marriage does not mean
that we heterosexuals have to go out and get married to a gay person.
It doesn't hurt us to allow it, but it hurts them not to. God is a god
of love, not one of ostricization, not one of exclusion, not one of
hate, and using Him as a cover for these crimes against humanity is a
shame on Him and on all of us. Thank you.
Third Day Discussion Mailing List
List Mommy - Katie Cauthen Francisco - katiecauthen@...
<?---- LSpots keywords ?><?---- HM ADS ?>
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
* Visit your group " thirdday <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thirdday> " on the web.
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>