The Zocalo Today - October 14, 2006

  • Sandra Bruckner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2006
      THE ZOCALO TODAY – October 14, 2006

      What's New

      Saw an update from JMS on BABYLON 5: The Lost Tales and The
      Changeling so I thought I'd send it along. Production is getting
      closer on Lost Tales so I hope JMS will be passing along more
      information over the next few weeks.

      Be sure to check out the new Discussion Topic. If you have an
      opinion, be sure to share it by sending it along to be posted. I'm
      interested in hearing what you have to say!

      BABYLON: THE LOST TALES UPDATE

      Date: October 12, 2006
      JMS writes:
      Just a quick follow-up...I'm in Vancouver (coming back in 24 hours)
      finishing up a round of final staff interviews for B5:TLT. Thus far,
      we've hired two other producers, a script supervisor, a post
      supervisor, the editor, a production manager, a conceptual
      artist/storyboard guy, an art director/production designer, a first
      assistant director, and closed several cast deals, with the rest
      probably to be closed next week, at which time I may be able to say
      who they are. Pending final negotiations, Chris Franke has agreed to
      come on board to do the music. We're interviewing CGI houses up here
      to decide which to go with. The three scripts have been completed,
      and are now being storyboarded. We've narrowed down the director of
      photography options to just a few last guys, and should have that
      decided by week's end. We've also locked down the stage and have
      started putting together our package (camera, lights, grip and
      electrics).

      By this time next week, about 80% of our crew will be in hand, the
      rest coming aboard during the start of prep.

      THE CHANGELING

      Here's an update from JMS on THE CHANGELING project:
      Just to clarify before the wrong impression gets out there....the
      project has not been back burnered. First, Imagine owns the script,
      they bought it, they want it, they want to see it made, so does
      Universal. When Ron decided to go with the Frost/Nixon thing first,
      one option would have been to hold onto Changeling until he was free
      to direct it. But with the Forst/Nixon thing going first, Changeling
      couldn't be shot until 2007...so Ron is going to produce, with
      Imagine, and they're going to get another a-list director to come on
      board and shoot this thing asap. The only thing that got back-
      burnered was Ron, Imagine still wants to make this, and Ron has been
      gracious enough to allow another director in, but still produce it,
      so it can get filmed this year.

      The draft is now ready to go, there are five a-list directors who
      have said they want to come on, it's been budgeted, and the
      president of Imagine called today *specifically* to say that they
      want to put this thing into high gear now that Ron's made up his
      mind. They'd like to see this thing going before the cameras by
      Spring.

      BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
      Our friends over at CafePress want to make a difference. During
      October, CafePress.com will donate 40% of the retail price of all
      products sold through the Breast Cancer Donation Shop through
      October 31, 2006 to a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with a core
      purpose of raising awareness and funding breast cancer research and
      education.

      Go to http://www.cafepress.com/bca2006 to shop.

      BABYLON PODCAST #36
      by Summer —

      Jeffrey is in Telluride this week, looking for snow to film, and
      regaling Tim and Summer with tales of the beautiful skyscapes and
      the free beer. Next, we talk with Carrie Dobro, best known for her
      role of Dureena Nafeel on Crusade, but she also portrayed a medic in
      the third season episode "Exogenesis" alongside Jeffrey and The
      Snackman.

      Carrie tells us stories about sitting in the makeup chair for hours,
      her different experiences with mud and tight costumes, and with
      extensive prosthetics in "Hypernauts", and the fun of working with
      her Crusade co-stars, and the physical nature of Dureena's
      character. Watch out when she's playing with the blades.

      We also learn about her role as producer of Pickets, a highly-
      regarded film that had made it's way around the film festival
      circuit, and the challenges of filming on a schedule when your
      outdoor sets have been victimized by weather. And bugs. And poison
      ivy. Unfortunately, we can't see the film playing anywhere or on DVD
      anywhere, but we'll keep an ear out and let you know if it becomes
      available.

      If you want to listen to us live as we record episodes, tune in at
      9pm EDT/6pm PDT. You can find all of the necessary info here,
      including instructions on how to join the IRC chatroom for live
      interactive feedback from the Draco Vista Studios.

      Listener Feedback: Tim reads an email about the Vorlons in
      the "Babylon Squared" time loop, an email of thanks from Matthew for
      doing the podcast and helping keep the B5 fandom passions alive.
      Jeffrey's really fascinated by the shiny gondolas going up and down
      the river.

      A giant supersized feedback show will be coming your way next week!
      For those of you who can't wait till next week to hear it, the feed
      will be going live at our usual time on 10/11/2006, at 6pm Pacific.
      Go to www.babylonpodcast.com Babylon Podcast to listen to all of the
      previous broadcasts.

      KEEPING UP WITH CAST AND CREW

      BILL MUMY -- LIVE PERFORMANCE TONIGHT

      Saturday, October 14th
      Bill Mumy & Band in concert at the Rusty's Surf Ranch in Santa
      Monica Pier, CA One set only starts at 9:15pm - Reservations are
      recommended. Call 310-393-7437. Band Members: Bill Mumy: vocals,
      guitar, harmonica; Steven Patt: vocals, guitar, pedal steel guitar;
      Chris Ross: drums; Chris Varosy: vocals, keyboards and William
      Wasson: Bass.

      BABYLON 5 DISCUSSION TOPIC:
      There are a number of shows this year that are serial in nature.
      Some have already fallen by the wayside. Is serialized stories dead?
      Are viewers finding it harder to stay with a story?

      Send your comments along to sgbruckner@.... I'll post them for
      everyone to read on the Discussion Page.

      INSIDE SCI-FI NEWS THIS WEEK:

      BATTLESTAR GALACTICA RUMORS
      Earlier this week, rumors surfaced indicating that BATTLESTAR
      GALACTICA might move from SciFi to parent network, NBC. A SciFi
      spokesperson indicated that there was no truth to this rumor. The
      rumor has appeared on fans sites such as the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
      site and been picked up by other entertainment news sites. "Word has
      begun to circulate that NBC's acquisition of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA is
      in the 'waiting-for-the-ink-to-dry' phase at this moment, and an
      official announcement could be days away," the Battlestar Galactica
      Site said. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA returned for its third season on SCI
      FI on Oct. 6 and airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. It was the number-one
      cable show in its timeslot for the night.

      BATTLESTAR GALACTICA RATINGS
      The Oct. 6 third-season premiere of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA was the
      number-one cable series of the night, delivering a 1.8 household
      rating, or 2.2 million total viewers.

      BATTLESTAR GALACTICA COMIC
      Javier Grillo-Marxuach, a writer and producer for ABC's ALIAS and
      LOST, will write a new miniseries of comic books based on the
      classic 1970s Battlestar Galactica show, Dynamite Entertainment
      announced. The miniseries is being scheduled for an early 2007
      release. Grillo-Marxuach calls himself a big fan of the original
      Galactica universe. "One of my favorite childhood memories is
      sitting in a movie theater, watching Battlestar Galactica in
      Sensurround!" Grillo-Marxuach said in a statement. "With the renewed
      interest in all things Galactica, it truly is an honor to revisit
      the swashbuckling world of the original series and tell a big,
      heroic adventure that's both true to the character of the classic
      universe and so epic in scope it can only be presented in the comics
      medium, ... and that's no felgercarb!" Grillo-Marxuach is an Emmy
      Award-winning television writer and producer whose credits include
      The Pretender, The Chronicle, Charmed, Jake 2.0, The Dead Zone, Dark
      Skies and seaQuest. He is also the writer of Marvel Comics'
      Annihilation: Super Skrull and creator of Viper Comics' The
      Middleman.

      GHOST RIDER
      There is a cool/hot clip for the new GHOST RIDER movie over at
      http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/blog/ that shows the
      transformation of Johnny Blaze to the Ghost Rider. While there are a
      number of formats available for viewing, the RealMedia format worked
      best for me.
      GHOST RIDER, written and directed by Mark Steven Johnson, hits
      theaters on February 16. Nicolas Cage, Wes Bentley, Eva Mendes, Matt
      Long, Sam Elliott, Peter Fonda, Donal Logue, Mathew Wilkinson and
      Daniel Frederiksen star.

      THREE KINGDOMS
      Variety reports that Andy Lau and Asian-American actress Maggie Q
      (Mission: Impossible III) will star in THREE KINGDOMS: RESURRECTION
      OF THE DRAGON, a big-budget historical action film being put
      together as a pan-Asian co-production. Lau, who is honored this week
      as Asian Filmmaker of the Year, and Q, currently filming LIVE FREE
      OR DIE HARD pposite Bruce Willis in Canada, will present "Kingdoms"
      to media in Pusan Sunday. Daniel Lee (Dragon Squad, One Armed
      Swordsman) will direct with Sammo Hung ("Martial Law") on board as
      action choreographer. With a budget approaching $25 million, the
      film is set up by Hong Kong's Visualizer Film and Korea's Taewon
      Entertainment and will shoot in China from March 2007. The project
      is based on "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" a vast 600-year-old
      novel by Luo Guangzhong that ranks as one of China's four most
      important pieces of literature, and also provided source material
      for John Woo's upcoming BATTLE OF RED CLIFF. The movie is expected
      to use 40,000 extras, twice that of "The Lord of the Rings."

      SANCTUM
      According to Variety, Rogue Pictures has signed James Cameron to co-
      write and produce "James Cameron's Sanctum," a live-action drama to
      be shot next spring in high-definition 3-D. Gary Johnstone will
      direct the pic revolving around a deep-sea diving team headed by a
      father and son. When the team heads to uncharted depths, a life-
      threatening crisis occurs. Cameron is rewriting the script with John
      Garvin. Despite the ambitious technology and undersea storyline, the
      film will be budgeted in the low $20 millions. While Cameron is
      preparing to direct the lavish 3-D drama "Avatar", he'll be actively
      involved in "Sanctum".

      300
      Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, 300 is a ferocious
      retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King
      Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death
      against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable
      odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite
      against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for
      democracy. Lena Headey, David Wenham, Vincent Regan, Rodrigo Santoro
      and Dominic West also star. Directed by Zack Snyder, 300 will be
      released in theaters on March 9. For a look at the production blog
      and trailer, go to http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/.

      DEATH SENTENCE
      According to the Hollywood Reporter, John Goodman has signed on to
      star in 20th Century Fox's upcoming vigilante drama DEATH SENTENCE.
      He will join Kevin Bacon, Kelly Preston and Aisha Tyler in the cast
      of the film. The film centers on a father, played by Bacon, whose
      family is attacked as part of a gang initiation. The father is out
      for revenge and enacts a death sentence on each gang member
      involved. Tyler plays a homicide detective who aids Bacon's
      character despite her growing suspicions that he might have
      committed murder. Goodman will play Bones Darly, an arms dealer and
      the boss of a drug ring that includes his two sons, Billy (Garrett
      Hedlund, Four Brothers) and Joe (Matthew O'Leary, Brick). The
      screenplay was adapted from a Brian Garfields novel, in which
      Tyler's character is written as a 50-year-old man. The role was
      revised by the filmmakers during casting.

      JERICHO - FULL SEASON ORDER
      CBS has given a full-season order to JERICHO. The show, about the
      aftermath of a nuclear attack, has averaged 11.3 million viewers and
      a 3.4 rating among adults aged 18-49, boosting CBS' performance on
      Wednesday nights. JERICHO stars Skeet Ulrich, Gerald McRaney, Ashley
      Scott, Pamela Reed, Kenneth Mitchell, Lennie James, Sprague Gradon,
      Michael Gaston, Erik Knudsen, Brad Beyer and Shoshannah Stern. Jon
      Turteltaub, Stephen Chbosky and Carol Barbee are executive producers
      for CBS Paramount Network Television. The show airs Wednesdays at 8
      p.m. ET/PT.

      HOUSE OF HORRORS
      Variety reports that director/producer Sam Raimi is developing a
      hybrid horror/reality series HOUSE OF HORRORS for The CW network.
      Raimi and his longtime producing partner Rob Tapert are executive-
      producing. CW executives told the trade paper that the show could be
      on the air as early as next summer once it gets a green light.
      Gunnar Witterberg (Treasure Hunters) came up with the idea and will
      serve as co-executive producer; William Hamm is also onboard as co-
      executive producer. In HORRORS, competitors will try to stay "alive"
      in a mysterious house in which they must face their darkest fears.
      One by one, players are "killed off" via elaborately staged "deaths"
      that will mix elements of the reality and horror genres.

      DAMNATION
      According to Variety, Anthony LaPaglia, star of CBS' WITHOUT A
      TRACE, is also developing TV shows at CBS and Fox via his new Last
      Straw Productions company, including a supernatural series called
      Damnation. LaPaglia is partners with producer and former NBC
      executive J.J. Jamieson. DAMNATION is set up at the Fox network and
      is a half hour about a recently deceased young man who believes he's
      wrongly been sent to hell. He makes a deal with the devil and ends
      up working to recruit souls to the underworld. Canadian playwright
      Morris Panych is writing the script. Timothy Busfield (Studio 60 on
      the Sunset Strip), who brought the project to Last Straw, will
      executive-produce and is attached to direct.

      HEROES
      In a recent interview with journalists, Tim Kring, creator and
      executive producer of NBC's HEROES, said that audiences can expect
      the show's superpowered characters to start joining forces and
      working as a team in upcoming episodes. "As their destiny starts to
      sort of become intermingled with one another, yes, they have to form
      this sort of alliance with one another," Kring said. "And then, in a
      sense, join with each other in order to figure out what's going on.
      Every character has sort of a tiny piece of the puzzle. So the
      puzzle gets put together by the characters coming together." Rather
      than continuing to focus on the individual storylines of the large
      cast of characters, Kring said that Heroes will gradually integrate
      the threads into a single overarching story. "If you sort of look at
      it as kind of a funnel, it starts wide and starts to narrow," he
      said. "As these characters start to cross paths, you no longer have
      to tell eight stories. You can tell four stories or three stories.
      So there is a natural progression that's allowing us to tell less
      and less scattered stories." Kring confirmed that the heroes will
      find a common enemy in the mysterious serial killer known as Sylar,
      who Kring called the "major villain" of the first season. Though the
      identity of Sylar hasn't been revealed, he may be someone that
      viewers have already met. "We're going to leave some of the answers
      to that vague, because I really want the audience to be surprised
      when we do introduce the character." Kring said. "I know there is
      speculation that the character is somebody that is among the
      characters already, and I'm comfortable with that speculation. And I
      kind of don't want to give it away." HEROES airs Mondays at 9 p.m.
      PT/ET.

      MEDIUM TO RETURN
      NBC will bring back its Emmy-winning MEDIUM in a new timeslot, the
      10 p.m. Wednesday slot vacated by the new, low-rated serial
      KIDNAPPED, according to The Hollywood Reporter. MEDKUM, starring
      Patricia Arquette, will take over the slot by mid- November.

      BLACKOUT
      The Hollywood Reporter writes that Amber Tamblyn (THE GRUDGE 2) has
      signed on to star in BLACKOUT, an independent thriller being
      directed by Rigoberto Castaneda. Simon O'Leary and Valerio Morabito
      are producing. The script, by Ed Dougherty and Morabito, revolves
      around three people who are trapped in a hospital elevator for
      almost 24 hours as what at first seems like an inconvenience turns
      into a nightmare. Tamblyn will play a young woman who is trying to
      get to her grandmother in the hospital who is moments away from
      death. Also cast in the film are Aidan Gillen (The Wire), playing a
      doctor who happens to be a psychopathic killer, and Armie Hammer, a
      teen who wants to run away with his girlfriend. Shooting begins
      early next month in Spain. Tamblyn next appears in THE GRUDGE 2,
      which opens Oct. 13.

      FINAL DAY OF PLANET EARTH
      Campbell Scott (TV's Six Degrees) told the Associated Press that he
      had a simple reason for starring in the upcoming SF movie FINAL DAY
      OF PLANET EARTH on the Hallmark Channel: cash. Scott co-stars with
      Daryl Hannah in the TV movie, in which he plays an astronaut who is
      kidnapped by alien insects while on a space mission. Three years
      later, he's rescued, on the verge of insanity, and discovers that
      his former colleague (Hannah) is now the Alien Queen, bent on
      destroying the city with her fellow insects, disguised as human
      beings. "I was curious to work with a green screen, plus I got
      offered a lot of money to work on something that is fast and fun and
      really weird," Scott told the AP. "I also love working in Vancouver.
      It is a beautiful city." FINAL DAYS OF PLANET EARTH airs Oct. 14.

      STARGATE SG-1 MOVIES?
      SCI FI Channel's original series STARGATE SG-1 will wrap up its 10-
      year run this spring, but that's not the end of the saga. Executive
      producer Brad Wright told TV Guide that MGM has granted a green
      light, and enough money, to produce two movies, most likely for DVD.
      The first film will tie up most of the finale's loose threads. "It's
      the climax of the Ori storyline," Wright said, and will be written
      and directed by executive producer Robert Cooper. The second film,
      written by Wright, will involve time travel, and both projects
      should debut in the fall of 2007. Though no deals are signed, SG-1's
      stars are said to be "very eager" to continue, Wright
      added. "They're not big-budget [films] by any definition, but for us
      it's pretty good," he said. "As we've proven over the years, just
      give us little more money and we can make pretty good television or
      DVDs."

      20th Century Fox's "X-Men: The Last Stand" and Buena Vista's "The
      Little Mermaid" continued their strong first-day sales momentum,
      selling 5 million and 4 million units, respectively, their first
      week in stores, studio sources said. That led to a one-two finish on
      the national DVD sales chart for the week ending Oct. 8 and,
      according to observers, should mitigate fears among some big
      retailers that digital downloads are eating into DVD sales. Both
      titles achieved their DVD success despite being readily available,
      at lower prices, through online download services. Sales were so
      strong for both titles that the No. 3 DVD on the Nielsen VideoScan
      First Alert Sales chart, the previous week's chart-topper "The Fast
      and the Furious: Tokyo Drift," sold one-tenth as many copies during
      the week as "X-Men."

      THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM
      According to the Hollywood Reporter, Paddy Considine has signed on
      to join the cast of the upcoming Universal Pictures film THE BOURNE
      ULTIMATUM. The series stars Matt Damon as assassin Jason Bourne who
      uncovers various mysteries of his past, putting him in the
      crosshairs of killers. Considine will play a London journalist who
      is tracking a former CIA director. Paul Greengrass is directing the
      film.

      THE MINISTERS
      According to Production Weekly, John Leguizamo is looking to star in
      an upcoming Franc. Reyes' thriller called THE MINISTERS. The film
      follows a female NYPD detective whose father was murdered by a
      mysterious religious group thirteen years prior and had disappeared
      from the murder scene. She then learns that the group is active and
      killing again when a nervous police chief takes her off the case,
      she's unknowingly pulled back in as her boyfriend is a member of the
      disturbingly homicidal group. Production is expected to start
      sometime in December in New York.

      HARRY POTTER TRAILER COMING SOON
      Warner Brothers announced that the teaser trailer for HARRY POTTER
      AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX will debut in theaters on Nov. 17,
      attached to the studio's upcoming animated musical comedy film HAPPY
      FEET, and will appear online sometime the week after.

      STRANGERS
      According to the Hollywood Reporter, Scott Speedman has signed on to
      star in Rogue Pictures upcoming suspense thriller STRANGERS. He will
      join Liv Tyler in the cast of the film. Speedman and Tyler will
      portray a couple living in a remote house who come under attack by
      three masked strangers (including one played by model Gemma Ward)
      and have to fight for their survival. The film began production on
      Monday in South Carolina and is set for a September release.

      24
      According to Variety, Chad Lowe will appear in several episodes of
      Fox's 24. Lowe will recur on 24 as Reed Pollock, a "savvy politico"
      based in the White House. His character joins 24 several episodes
      after the show's sixth-season launch. Other newcomers to 24 in it's
      sixth-season include Peter MacNicol and Regina King.

      IRON MAN
      According to Variety, Terrence Howard is set to join Robert Downey
      Jr. in IRON MAN, the superhero movie to be directed by Jon Favreau.
      Paramount Pictures will release the film on May 2, 2008. Howard will
      play Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes, the confidante of Iron Man's alter ego,
      Tony Stark, played by Downey. Rhodes, a high ranking military
      officer and aviator, steers the team that develops the robotic suit
      that allows the sickly Stark to fly around and battle bad guys. In
      the Marvel Comics series on which the film is based, Rhodes'
      character gets his own armored suit and evolves into an occasionally
      antagonistic character called War Machine. That development seems
      likely to be saved for the sequel, though, as Iron Man will battle
      the villainous Mandarin when shooting begins in February in Los
      Angeles.

      THE DARK KNIGHT
      While director Christopher Nolan is still busy wrapping up his
      latest supernatural film, THE PRESTIGE, he has turned attention to
      his next project, the Batman sequal, THE DARK KNIGHT. He said in a
      recent interview that Heath Ledger will make a perfect Joker, though
      he might not seem so at first blush. "He's just exactly the kind of
      energy I needed for the character," Nolan said. "Everything about
      the risks that that performer is willing to take are the things I
      need for somebody to take on that iconic figure. It's going to be a
      huge challenge for us to create it, and he's exactly the guy you
      want to be in the trenches with." Nolan added that he hasn't had
      time to focus on other new casting for the Batman Begins sequel.
      Ledger will play the Joker opposite Batman Begins returnees
      Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Michael Caine as Alfred,
      Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox and Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon. As
      anyone who saw Batman Begins knows, that film's final moments
      included a sequence between Batman and Lt. Gordon in which they
      react to the discovery at a crime scene of a playing card bearing
      the face of a Joker. THE DARK KNIGHT will no doubt pick up right
      after the discovery of that card. "To be frank, I hadn't really
      thought about doing the sequel while we were doing the first one,
      but we wanted to end the first one with a sense of possibility,"
      Nolan said. "And, frankly, the dynamic of that scene and the sense
      of possibility that we tried to leave the audience with at the end
      of Batman Begins just stuck with me. And I felt it as much as I hope
      the audience did. So we really just want to carry on that story and
      see where it goes." THE DARK KNIGHT will be released in 2008.

      THE HOBBIT
      Signatures for nearly 50,000 fans were sent to MGM and New Line in
      support of Peter Jackson helming a movie based on J. R.R. Tolkien's
      THE HOBBIT. TheOneRing.net reported that MGM has confirmed that it
      has held initial talks with Jackson about helming the movie. In a
      letter responding to fan support, MGM wrote: "We would like to give
      you the official statement from Rick Sands, [chief operating
      officer] of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ... Peter Jackson's
      phenomenal success with The Lord of the Rings trilogy makes him the
      first and most ideal choice for directing The Hobbit. ... MGM would
      be thrilled to collaborate with the Academy Award-winning director
      on this MGM New Line Cinema production. And, I'm sure to the delight
      of the 50,000 filmgoers who have petitioned us in recent weeks,
      demanding we bring this film to fruition, we have had a few initial
      conversations about the project with Mr. Jackson's representatives."
      New Line, the studio that produced the Rings films, has not
      responded yet to the petition.

      BIONIC WOMAN
      Variety writes that "Battlestar Galactica" executive producer David
      Eick is teaming with feature screenwriter Laeta Kalogridis to
      reinvent THE BIONIC WOMAN for NBC. Eick and Kalogridis will
      executive produce a new take on "Bionic," a 1970s spinoff of "The
      Six Million Dollar Man" in which Lindsay Wagner played tennis pro-
      turned-superwoman Jamie Sommers. The series aired for two seasons on
      ABC before shifting to NBC in 1977 for its final year. "It's a
      complete reconceptualization of the title," Eick told the
      trade. "We're using the title as a starting point, and that's all."
      NBC Universal Television Studio is producing the new take, which has
      been given a script commitment by the network. Instead of focusing
      on terrorism and militarism, the new "Bionic" will explore the role
      of professional women in contemporary society and how they juggle
      their various roles. "It's using the idea of artificial technology
      as a metaphor for what contemporary women sometimes feel is
      necessary to do everything that needs to be done," Eick said.

      CONVENTION CALENDAR

      October 21-23, 2006
      Armageddon Pulp Culture Expo
      City: Auckland, New Zealand
      B5 Guest: Mira Furlan
      For more information, go to their website at http://www.pulpexpo.com

      October 27~29, 2006
      SuperNova Pop Culture Expo
      City: Sydney, Australia
      B5 Guest: Mira Furlan
      For more information, go to http://www.supanova.com.au/

      October 27~29, 2006
      Vulkon Convention
      City: Orlando, Florida
      Guests: Avery Brooks, Jonathan Frakes, Denise Crosby, Walter Koenig,
      Armin Shimerman, Rene Aberjonois Tim Russ, Andrew G. Probert, Suzie
      Plakson
      For more information, go to http://www.vulkon.com/upcoming.htm/

      November 10-12, 2006
      United Fan Con
      Place: Springfield Marriott
      City: Springfield, Massachusetts
      B5 Guests: Claudia Christian, Walter Koenig
      Other Guests: William Shatner (Saturday only), Grace Park
      (Sharon "Boomer" Valerii), Linda Blair, David Nykl (Atlantis), Gary
      Jones (Stargate), Jewel Staite (Firefly), Dean Haglund (X-Files),
      Peter David, comic book writer
      For more information, go to http://www.unitedfancon.com

      That pretty much brings you up to date with what is going on with
      Babylon 5 and a lot of the science fiction community. I hope that
      you'll drop over to the website at http://www.isnnews.net often to
      see what daily material has been posted.

      Have a terrific weekend.
      Be safe.
      Sandy

      Sandra Bruckner