Writers Wanted

  • tigerlilyjw1
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 10 6:54 PM
      The name of magazine is Sugar Coated.<br>It's a chick zine but guys are welcomed.<br>Email me at candy@...
    • xtimebmbx
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 11, 2001
        yes the rumours are true, Number 4 is done and
        ready to be sent out to anyone who's got a buck fifty
        plus some stamps or a trade. this issue has an
        interview with Flirt (the band!), a collection of weird
        dreams, tons of poetry, reviews of albums, zines and a
        film, stories, quotes, tidbits and pics. it's 32 pages
        of pure unadulterated fun. get yours now! email me
        at zippy21@... with your addy and any
        questions. <a href=http://bulletproofzine.cjb.net target=new>http://bulletproofzine.cjb.net</a>
      • mr_sldghmmr
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 15, 2001
          CD and Concert reviews wanted for www.kbloradio.com
        • xtimebmbx
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 18, 2001
            for those of you in Toronto and surrounding
            areas, check out Canzine 2001. This event will take
            placeon Sept 23, from 1 pm to 1am at theBig Bop, 651
            Queen West. Admission is free, tons of zines, and cool
            people. check it out.
          • triggerhappypromqueen
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 18, 2001
              gelatinous ham cubes needs submissions. subject, language and length don't matter. send them and any questions to gelatinoushamcube@...
            • ironfeather2001
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 21, 2001
                If you want a free zine ad or shout out to your
                friends in my zine then make contact asap<br><br>I just
                made a form where you can fill out your shyt online
                and we shall<br>print it in our next issue of IRON
                FEATHER JOURNAL #18 due out early
              • medellia2001
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 9, 2001
                  hey people, just wanted to let you know that the
                  second issue of thepunk rock-anarchy zine waste of ink
                  is out now. if you wanna get a copy just send a
                  buck/ 2 stamps or a trade to...<br>jen bittinger<br>mr
                  box 0194 tulane university<br>31 mcalister dr<br>new
                  orleans, la 70118
                • andipandipoo
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 10, 2002
                    Hey, me and my friend are starting a zine and we
                    need help! why do some people ask for two or more
                    stamps when you request a copy of their zine? what is
                    some of the lingo used in zine making? anything you
                    can help us with is greatly appreciated
                  • medellia2001
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 11, 2002
                      it usually takes more than one stamp to mail a
                      zine, esp if it's half-page size or larger. the first
                      thing you have to do is decide what kind of zine you
                      want to do---personal, political, craft, music, film,
                      blah blah blah. write some articles, put in lots of
                      pretty pictures, and, voila, you have a zine. --jen
                      (w@ste of ink)
                    • lowhug
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
                        Call for entries: LAUNDRY BASKET. <br><br>A
                        one-shot zine from the editor of LOW HUG. This was just
                        going to be a feature, but I've decided to make a
                        mini-zine out of it. Therefore, I am opening the call
                        again. <br><br>I want to know about your dirty laundry.
                        mishaps(the entire load turns blue from that new towel you
                        threw in with the light colored wash); Laundromat
                        adventures (from equipment disasters to hostile run-in with
                        other patrons over the last free dryer to someone
                        trying to steal your underwear); advice from your mom or
                        laundry mentor (for example, how to make your own laundry
                        detergent with washing soda and Borax); or anything else
                        laundry,Laundromat, or fabric care related. <br><br>So, please
                        contribute if you can! Aim for a paragraph or two, around
                        200-225 words. The deadline is March 15th. Please e-mail
                        contributions to lowhug@... - please don't just post them
                        to the list as I may not see them, thank you.
                        - I tend to do zine-related things on the weekends,
                        and respond to e-mails then.<br><br>Please contribute
                        if you can. You'll get a copy of the issue when it
                      • lowhug
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
                          After much delay, LOW HUG #7 is finally ready,
                          hot off the photocopier! <br><br>It's turned out to
                          be a somewhat low-key issue, with many thoughts on
                          the 9/11 terrorist attacks, as well as a well-written
                          "Media Junkies" review
                          Editrix<br><br>"Get Your Fix on Route 66: Looking for Inspiration in
                          Tough Times? The Grapes of Wrath bears fruit" by Jack
                          Persico<br><br>"9/11 is Not a Joke," by Jason Pankoke (of
                          Micro-FILM)<br><br>Media Junkies: Film, Television, Music, and Zine
                          Reviews by LOW HUG writers.<br><br>The issue is 36 pages,
                          digest sized, and is $2. Mailing addy is: A.j. Michel,
                          PO Box 2574, Champaign, IL 61825<br><br>Thanks for
                          HUG<br>"LOW HUG: Unpretentious and honest, though not
                          necessarily exciting, since 1998."