Popular Suicide

  • ten30formike
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 2, 2000
      new e-zine....writers/ranters/ravers wanted anything goes email mike@...
    • xtimebmbx
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 4, 2001
        Issue #3 of my zine called Bulletproof is out
        now! featuring interviews with The Sheila Divine and
        Ultimate Fakebook, stories, reviews, poetry, etc...This is
        a mostly music-realted zine (power-pop, emo, punk,
        electronic, rock, etc..), but there are tons of other
        non-music things too. the zine is 32 pages of fun! if
        interested, please email me (zippy21@...) I'm always
        looking for new writers and bands/artists to review.
        willing to trade with other zinesters!<br>~Rocketgirl
      • hollywood_riviera
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 26, 2001
          Hi! I would like to invite you all to check out
          the club for my zine Looking for Lettuce. It's a
          perzine filled with comics, poetry, reviews, and anything
          else I can throw in it. If you would like a copy then
          please email me and I'll reply with the details.
        • ten30formike
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 29, 2001
          • rkade81
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 26, 2001
              I run a small distro out of the basement I live
              in<br>in Wheeling Il, which is outside of Chicago.<br>I am
              always looking for new zines to collect and distro. I
              would ditro them at shows and at some music shops. Let
              me know what you think.<br><br>Ryan
              Kingkade<br>R-Kade
            • tigerlilyjw1
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 10, 2001
                The name of magazine is Sugar Coated.<br>It's a chick zine but guys are welcomed.<br>Email me at candy@...
              • xtimebmbx
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 11, 2001
                  yes the rumours are true, Number 4 is done and
                  ready to be sent out to anyone who's got a buck fifty
                  plus some stamps or a trade. this issue has an
                  interview with Flirt (the band!), a collection of weird
                  dreams, tons of poetry, reviews of albums, zines and a
                  film, stories, quotes, tidbits and pics. it's 32 pages
                  of pure unadulterated fun. get yours now! email me
                  at zippy21@... with your addy and any
                  questions. <a href=http://bulletproofzine.cjb.net target=new>http://bulletproofzine.cjb.net</a>
                • mr_sldghmmr
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 15, 2001
                    CD and Concert reviews wanted for www.kbloradio.com
                  • xtimebmbx
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 18, 2001
                      for those of you in Toronto and surrounding
                      areas, check out Canzine 2001. This event will take
                      placeon Sept 23, from 1 pm to 1am at theBig Bop, 651
                      Queen West. Admission is free, tons of zines, and cool
                      people. check it out.
                    • triggerhappypromqueen
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 18, 2001
                        gelatinous ham cubes needs submissions. subject, language and length don't matter. send them and any questions to gelatinoushamcube@...
                      • ironfeather2001
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 21, 2001
                          If you want a free zine ad or shout out to your
                          friends in my zine then make contact asap<br><br>I just
                          made a form where you can fill out your shyt online
                          and we shall<br>print it in our next issue of IRON
                          FEATHER JOURNAL #18 due out early
                        • medellia2001
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 9, 2001
                            hey people, just wanted to let you know that the
                            second issue of thepunk rock-anarchy zine waste of ink
                            is out now. if you wanna get a copy just send a
                            buck/ 2 stamps or a trade to...<br>jen bittinger<br>mr
                            box 0194 tulane university<br>31 mcalister dr<br>new
                            orleans, la 70118
                          • andipandipoo
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 10, 2002
                              Hey, me and my friend are starting a zine and we
                              need help! why do some people ask for two or more
                              stamps when you request a copy of their zine? what is
                              some of the lingo used in zine making? anything you
                              can help us with is greatly appreciated
                            • medellia2001
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 11, 2002
                                it usually takes more than one stamp to mail a
                                zine, esp if it's half-page size or larger. the first
                                thing you have to do is decide what kind of zine you
                                want to do---personal, political, craft, music, film,
                                blah blah blah. write some articles, put in lots of
                                pretty pictures, and, voila, you have a zine. --jen
                                (w@ste of ink)
                              • lowhug
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
                                  Call for entries: LAUNDRY BASKET. <br><br>A
                                  one-shot zine from the editor of LOW HUG. This was just
                                  going to be a feature, but I've decided to make a
                                  mini-zine out of it. Therefore, I am opening the call
                                  again. <br><br>I want to know about your dirty laundry.
                                  mishaps(the entire load turns blue from that new towel you
                                  threw in with the light colored wash); Laundromat
                                  adventures (from equipment disasters to hostile run-in with
                                  other patrons over the last free dryer to someone
                                  trying to steal your underwear); advice from your mom or
                                  laundry mentor (for example, how to make your own laundry
                                  detergent with washing soda and Borax); or anything else
                                  laundry,Laundromat, or fabric care related. <br><br>So, please
                                  contribute if you can! Aim for a paragraph or two, around
                                  200-225 words. The deadline is March 15th. Please e-mail
                                  contributions to lowhug@... - please don't just post them
                                  to the list as I may not see them, thank you.
                                  - I tend to do zine-related things on the weekends,
                                  and respond to e-mails then.<br><br>Please contribute
                                  if you can. You'll get a copy of the issue when it
                                • lowhug
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 5, 2002
                                    After much delay, LOW HUG #7 is finally ready,
                                    hot off the photocopier! <br><br>It's turned out to
                                    be a somewhat low-key issue, with many thoughts on
                                    the 9/11 terrorist attacks, as well as a well-written
                                    "Media Junkies" review
                                    Editrix<br><br>"Get Your Fix on Route 66: Looking for Inspiration in
                                    Tough Times? The Grapes of Wrath bears fruit" by Jack
                                    Persico<br><br>"9/11 is Not a Joke," by Jason Pankoke (of
                                    Micro-FILM)<br><br>Media Junkies: Film, Television, Music, and Zine
                                    Reviews by LOW HUG writers.<br><br>The issue is 36 pages,
                                    digest sized, and is $2. Mailing addy is: A.j. Michel,
                                    PO Box 2574, Champaign, IL 61825<br><br>Thanks for
                                    HUG<br>"LOW HUG: Unpretentious and honest, though not
                                    necessarily exciting, since 1998."